Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscars 2015: best actor?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the next edition of the Oscars could be amazing, especially the best actor category.

Just look at the possible candidates:

- Ralph Fiennes in The Grand Budapest Hotel

- Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler

- Michael Fassbender in Frank

- Michael Keaton in Birdman

How can you possibly choose?!

I love Michael Keaton and I haven't seen his performance yet but my favorite so far is Ralph Fiennes. He was so brilliant and energetic in Wes Anderson's movie, even my teenage students loved him - I showed them a clip and then they posted a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

Gyllenhaal is a got bet too, he was brilliant in Nightcrawler, the press loves him and he's very influential in Hollywood.

I got mad at the Oscars over 30 years ago and haven't paid much attention since...

Having said that...I did see Fiennes in Grand Budapest and he was brilliant...as usual

the only time i agreed with the Academy Awards was when The Departed took it all home. last year American Hustle should've done the same thing, and why it didn't is beyond me.

I don't usually like him as an actor but I hear that there's a lot of buzz about Benedict Cumberbach's performance in "The Imitation Game".
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:I don't usually like him as an actor but I hear that there's a lot of buzz about Benedict Cumberbach's performance in "The Imitation Game".

I saw that! It was awesome. I don't think they hand out oscars for such things though.

I've been reading a lot of positive stuff about Jake's performance in Nightcrawler.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I've been reading a lot of positive stuff about Jake's performance in Nightcrawler.

I would love to see a small independent movie such as Nightcrawler getting tons of awards and
Jake deserves it, he was clearly very passionate about the whole project.

The competition is, however, fierce this year...

OMG I didn't mention the gorgeous Tom Hardy in Locke, how could I?!

Hardy was magnificent, this was probably one of the bravest performances ever!

Guy Pearce (the rover), or Matthew McConaughey (interstellar) I'm hoping.

As for best actress, if it's not Rosamund Pike (gone girl) I'm gonna flip my shit.

Haruka Wrote:[...]

As for best actress, if it's not Rosamund Pike (gone girl) I'm gonna flip my shit.

Absolutely.

Rosamund Pike wins, no question about it.