Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscars 2015: best actor?
I'm an Oscar fanatic myself, and based on the awards buzz it seems that this is gonna be the Best Actor lineup

Michael Keaton - Birdman
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything
Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
David Oyelowo - Selma
Jake Gyllenhall - Nightcrawler

I've yet to see Selma, but my favorite performances of the year were Jake's and Keaton's.

Rob Wrote:I'm an Oscar fanatic myself, and based on the awards buzz it seems that this is gonna be the Best Actor lineup

Michael Keaton - Birdman
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything
Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
David Oyelowo - Selma
Jake Gyllenhall - Nightcrawler

I've yet to see Selma, but my favorite performances of the year were Jake's and Keaton's.

Another amazing list.

I would probably vote for Michael Keaton, he's a great veteran of the movie wars and he totally deserves it.

Jake was brilliant and his movie is wonderful and thought-provoking but he's still very young and has an entire career in front of him.

MisterLove Wrote:Another amazing list.

I would probably vote for Michael Keaton, he's a great veteran of the movie wars and he totally deserves it.

Jake was brilliant and his movie is wonderful and thought-provoking but he's still very young and has an entire career in front of him.

Keaton is amazing in Birdman. I remember walking out of the theater asking myself "How did he do that?". He's a powerhouse in that movie.

If Ralph Fiennes is not nominated, it will be a crime against cinema.

I showed a 10 minute clip of The Grand Budapest Hotel to my tourism students (ages 17 - 19) and they loved him; afterwards, they wrote a small essay and it was clear that they got it, they really understood the character and empathised with him.

Touching the hearts of teenagers from a poor region on the other side of the planet, that has to mean something!