Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over 40 And Single
1960SingleBear Wrote:I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the guys who have responded and also just mention that I don't know what is wrong with me because I've tried to respond to different posts on here and I JUST DON'T KNOW how to navigate this site... All I get are these weird error messages that I just don't understand to save my life! Then I try and just send a message privately to the individual person and I still get a weird error message too... I have left "quotes" to some messages but I don't see the quotes right next to the message so not even sure THAT person will know where my response to them is??? It's just so frustrating. Just know that there were 3 other guys here that I tried to send private message to and/or leave comments and just finally gave up because I just can't figure this stuff out... I really just wanted to thank all of you personally and respond to each of you individually. I had some questions and comments I wanted to make back. Unfortunately I was not able to do this so I apologize to all the ones who I had intended to send messages too.... I'm very sorry men!
I think, that in this case it´s not about your skills. If I recall it right, the system doesn´t allow to PM until you reach certain number of posts. Catsmiley

About the quote thing, that (sometimes?) happens if you quote and write a reply, but then don't post it. I know some of us, myself included have wrestled with that before.

I hope you find that special someone 1960singlebear, you seem like a nice guy so I am sure there is someone out there looking for a guy just like you. Try to stay positive and in the mean time use this forum to get any help and support you need.

Oh really? Well that at least doesn't make me feel "stupid" (lol)... Well I'll just wait till I get to that number I guess and perhaps go back and re-read some messages and then reply individually to them at that time. Thanks so much for explaining this to me!

Hey welcome to GS buddy.
I wouldn't say that I understand how you fell, but I can say that I felt depressed and lonely before.... but not alone. Hope you find that special someone one day, just be positive about it. If you need help and support, or just some people to bother, you can always talk to us. There are so many unique individuals around here : )

Out of curiosity, how long was your last relationship? and how many did you have? were you ever alone before?

1960SingleBear Wrote:Oh really? Well that at least doesn't make me feel "stupid" (lol)... Well I'll just wait till I get to that number I guess and perhaps go back and re-read some messages and then reply individually to them at that time. Thanks so much for explaining this to me!

I think the number of required posts to fully "open" the site for use is 50. If I am mistaken about that number, someone please correct me.
~Beaux

Welcome to GS Wavey

Beaux Wrote:I think the number of required posts to fully "open" the site for use is 50. If I am mistaken about that number, someone please correct me.
~Beaux

That is correct Smile

Oh wow! Thanks,,, well it looks like I have 44 more to go! Yikes!

1960SingleBear Wrote:Oh wow! Thanks,,, well it looks like I have 44 more to go! Yikes!

Lol Yes, it may seem daunting, but go over to the word game threads and the posts will fly by! Wink
~Beaux

That's very nice of you to suggest that... I'm getting ready for work now. But I'll remember that for later. Thank you so much!