Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheard a conversation and got an idea.
I was at a public barnes and noble. I was trying to look for a relatively good read but didn't find anything. Anyway, I got to over hear a conversation and it was between two girls. They were talking about how people tend to list what there ideal partner woukd look like and how they would act with said person or something. Anway, they both agreed that instead of listing qualities, they both prefered to list feelings. By feelings they meant how the future he or she would make them feel. I thought this was interesting because it doesn't limit the possibilities to a single sub group of people. I think Alot of times we want a specific person which limits the possibility and chances of meeting people. All in all, i thought this was helpful and made me consider a few things.

That works well for girls who are trained by a world of equality to rely on emotions.

Males are trained to rely on reason and logic... so badly that most guys can't relate to or show their true feelings, such as sadness, or pain, or any other "girly" emotion.

We gay males are not exempt from the training we received right from birth. Even the most nelly of queens that people would call "a woman" will struggle with the emotion VS logic thing.

See these two gals just don't "get" the whole logic must prevail, or respond with anger over expressing their true feelings. If they apply their emotion over other things rule, they will ultimately not hook up with a man of quality.

Even the guys (and girls) that are tapped into their feelings don't always get it right. Hell, I didn't think I wanted ANYTHING to do with relationships at ALL.

And then [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] changed my mind.

My one requirement, and it didn't matter who it was or what kind of interaction they want (a lay, a friendship, fwb, something else, something more.... whatever) is that I require people to be honest with me. Some people seem to find it extremely difficult, it seems, regardless of the very direct and forthright way I go about requesting information (such as what they want, etc). Especially those that can't be honest with themselves, yeah? But that's my one requirement, all the way down the line.

I'll bet money those girls still end up with long haired guys in leather on bikes and tattoos that their mother's hate.

They may be speaking truly.

Or they may instead mean more as this man and woman do: