Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P.d.a
I came across this article that's sparked the idea for this thread.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2013/08...e-back-bus

What's your stance on P.D.A.?

I mean,
the world's a cruel place,
and for me,
personally,
I'd rather not risk my safety,
or peace of mind.
I've had too many close calls.

I know,
it's unfair that straight people do it all the time,
and can get away with it,
without any issue
(unless their practically humping each other, I'd presume).

But,
even if I were straight,
I'd probably not engage in it,
being that I'm a very private,
introverted individual.

In respect to seeing other people doing it....
As long as they're not eating each other's faces,
I can live through it...

But,
if people are all lovey-dubby,
for instance,
in line for the cash-register,
at a convenience store,
in front of me...
I mean, really?
Can you not wait until you leave the store,
to get your rocks off?

Regardless,
I find it mildly annoying.

people were asked to move to the back of the bus before and look what happened.

i was in a straight relationship for many years and never felt i should hide it then, no intention to do it now. Being in the closet is all good, comming out for your best benefit is necessary but if you have a partner, lover you are sharing a single life between two people. Make sure you have a life to give.

Hmm. I am not by nature a touchy feely person. No one touches me with out filling out the proper request forms in triplicate (Form: No-You-May-Not 345-b). :biggrin: I allow partners to touch, all others have to ask and then be prepared to be rejected.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy cuddling and snuggling and hugs - in private. In bed, on the couch watching a movie, at home - or in our tent when camping - in private its all fine and well. In public, there is a strict no touching policy - unless I am bleeding or something and you need to apply pressure to staunch the flow of blood.

I don't even use terms of endearment: dear, sweetie, love, hun - etc.

I think the number one reason I'm against PDA is because I grew up and lived most of my gay life in a world of intolerance. Where holding hands was likely to end with one or both of you being mauled by a pack of homophobes with baseball bats.

I think the other reason is that I am not hardwired for overt displays of emotions. I was raised to be a man - as defined by the Post World War II society where men have two emotions: Laughter and Anger.

All of this being in touch with your emotions and being able to cry, be fearful, be passionate and stuff is all beyond my basic programing.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Hmm ... I do enjoy cuddling and snuggling and hugs - in private. In bed, on the couch watching a movie, at home - or in our tent when camping - in private its all fine and well. In public, there is a strict no touching policy ...
to wander away from the original intention of the OP's thinking:
you may never think you will want to be in a classical marriage situation but the legalization of same sex marriage can completely change the ball game. LGBT rights have made the next generation expect inclusion in social things the older gays never had.
For having to be in the closet gay culture is really messed up. Gay bars and LadyGaga will go away and gay pride will become a personal pride day for everyone as they see them selves / each other. in a perfect world.

^^^I think the tolerance has already started a major shift that makes this society a puzzlement to me. "kids" are coming out at an earlier age - used to be a 20's thing for most LGBT, now teens are coming out left and right and apparently are faring very well.

The roommate and I were at the store the other day, the cashier a gay man, the bagger a lesbian - and they and my roommate where having conversation that would have gotten us all into serious problems back in my 20's.

To make it worse, the people in ear shot just didn't care about the 'LGBT convention' going on in the middle of the store - not even a half whispered 'faggots' was uttered.

A few were actually smiling at the jokes...

Its a vastly different world than 20 years ago.

I suspect 20 years from now closeted people will be a far rarer thing. Only those in bad home situations will be in closets, the rest will be out and about as soon as they figure out their sexuality.

A month or so ago (when Federal Gay Marriage was in the news) I was listening two two women talking at the laundry mat (doing blankets and comforter in the large washers). I was shocked to hear two obviously married with children women discussing the possibility of one or more of their kids turning out to be gay and how nearly enthusiastically they were looking forward to a having their kids have gay marriage.:eek:

So even the basic programming of training kids to grow up to marry the opposite gender and have kids seems to be slipping as the only way to go.

My life, my rules. Give me one good reason why I should give a single solitary fuck about someone else's petty opinions?

Unless for some reason you are made uncomfortable to a very extreme degree and not due to discriminatory views, then I can amend my rules, but other than that, If I wanna cuddle my boyfriend in public, that's what Imma do.

I only have this one life so far as I know and I'm not gonna live it worrying about other people, how they percieve me and if they don't like me.

On my deathbed, I want to be able to say I lived and lived how I wanted to, good and the bad.

And furthermore, I personally would not take legal action, simply because that would be a waste of my time on a person who don't deserve any of my precious seconds Sis.

That's just how I stay :/

Sylph Wrote:My life, my rules. ...
good you have the option, not always a given

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:... Its a vastly different world than 20 years ago. I suspect 20 years from now ...
just think what will happen in 2 or 3 years! I hope.

There are certain situations where, out of my own personal safety, I wouldn't do and PDA of any sort. I value my life more than I do a few minutes of touchy-feely in public. That's just the harsh reality of the world.

That said, I see absolutely nothing wrong with holding hands or giving each other a kiss if you feel comfortable in whatever situation it is. Making out in public is ridiculous for any couples, gay and straight.

I generally avoid PDA and probably would if straight...however, holding hands doesn't seem a big deal to me (maybe because I'm female, and friends do that, too, and holding hands of family, especially if one is sick or bereaved, is also accepted, that is it isn't a sign of erotic love as it apparently is for men).