Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3? Good, bad, or indifferent?
Did you get one in the end? I want to get one soon. The best deal I could find is this http://www.gamestation.co.uk/discountadd...ountid=135 at Gamestation. Console and one game for £400.

--Eddie

We've got an Xbox 360 already... it's great but not that many uber-addictive games out for it yet! It's got the power under the bonnet but the game developers haven't gone mad with it yet...

I got a Nintendo Wii for my birthday few days ago and its great fun... didn't know it had built in wifi too - so easy to get on the net with it! (even loaded up Gayspeak and watched some YouTube videos) The motion controller takes a bit of getting used to but makes the games so much more fun and interactive than conventional ones. So far I'm very impressed... all that in a wee (pardon the pun) box the size of an external HD or CDROM!!! Sure the graphics aren't as amazing as the 360 or PS3 but it doesn't really matter that much unless you want the latest HD life-like graphics! I've played around with the PS3 but failed to woo me into wanting to go out and buy one.

Maybe we're too spoiled these days with all these wizzy consoles... I'm going to have a play on the old Atari 800 later too! Roflmao
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I must be slipping.

Not played on the PS3 for near on 2 months now :redface:

I've got a game here still in it's wrapping i bought a month ago

Well hell, you can send that bad boy my way and I will put it to good use... And I am talking about the PS#, but if you want to send the other thing along with it I will put it to good use as well...

hehehe I was vacuuming the carpet in the living room few weeks ago and sucked up the wire to the Wii's IR sensor bar thingy... after that it was knackered and wouldn't work anymore! Cry After doing some reaserch on the net found out that two lit candles at each side of your TV will work just as well since they give off infrared light! :eek: Does work but I'm gonna make a new one myself out of led bulbs when I get a chance.

I've also got a mod-chip for it (cost about 20 quid) so that I can play backup games! My own legal backups of course! Wink I had to also get a LG DVD drive for the PC that can read the original game discs. (takes 2hrs to read one disc though at the moment but once you've saved it to ISO the writing back speed is normal!)
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

LOL @ the candles.... The things people can make are impressive yet something so simple can make it so confused. OK Andy, what can't you do... now your an electrician. WTH!

OK, We'll believe you that they are legal. But you have fun with all the burning... I wouldn't want to wait that long just to play a freakin game.

Andy Wrote:hehehe I was vacuuming the carpet in the living room few weeks ago and sucked up the wire to the Wii's IR sensor bar thingy... after that it was knackered and wouldn't work anymore! Cry After doing some reaserch on the net found out that two lit candles at each side of your TV will work just as well since they give off infrared light! :eek: Does work but I'm gonna make a new one myself out of led bulbs when I get a chance.

I've also got a mod-chip for it (cost about 20 quid) so that I can play backup games! My own legal backups of course! Wink I had to also get a LG DVD drive for the PC that can read the original game discs. (takes 2hrs to read one disc though at the moment but once you've saved it to ISO the writing back speed is normal!)

umm. why dont you just buy a new remote ? :confused:

and WTF !! carpets ?? This is 21st century andy.. you a big girly poof, carpets are out, laminate is in LOL

;o candles work? Wow modern technology today and all you need are 2 candles ;o
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Bloody hell, found I started this post months ago...I did get a PS3 in the end and I love it! Not a big console kind of guy but gets a little adictive after a while!!! Only problem is the proce of games but that helps me to have some self control over using it!!!

Ed x

I think it's overpriced and the games are overpriced. I also don't like the fact that it can't play PS2 games. What's up with that? I'm not going to spend over $700 for one that can play PS2 games either. Don't get me wrong, PS3 is an outstanding console. In fact, it's one of the best consoles out there. I play Midnight Club Racing at one of my friend's house when I'm over there. It's a really great game. The thing is... I'm a bit iffy when it comes to the PS3. I must be a Wii/X-Box 360 person then.