Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathetically cute..
The thing with me and guys is that I become totally into them and all about them. I start my hunt on them which is, getting to know everything about them and then I start to work on liking what they like… well, I mean for example, they tell me they’re into something… I wasn’t interested in checking it out until I know they like it and then when I am exposed to it… I try to like it just in the hope of establishing a connection with them.. Which is totally cute and pathetic at the same time.

I don’t know guys, what do you think??

I tend to think that there should be shared interests. But as you both get to know each other you might discover that you like the other persons interests as well especially in long term relationships you will grow together and sometimes get new interests.

Sounds stalker-like! Don't you have any genuine interest of your own?

Cuddly Wrote:Sounds stalker-like! Don't you have any genuine interest of your own?

sure i do, but in a way... I like to learn about the person that I am interested in. it is my way of caring!

Pathetic? I don't think so.

Cute? Yes.

Nothing stalkerish about it at all. Stalkers would be more the behavior in extreme.

In the era of social media and online identities, learning that someone likes chocolate and soccer is a basic fact. Becoming more interested in chocolate types and soccer, as a result, is simply exploring the interests that might be shared.

A stalker behavior would be more like learning someone has a favorite burger cafe and then hanging out there hoping to observe him.

The main difference is unwanted attention. A stalker follows his subject and becomes superficially "close" by data mining, in trash cans, on line, with common acquaintances, etc. Merely learning more public information about actual friends is nothing more than learning.

People are too quick to leap to the whole "weird" epithet or "stalker." I've had forum members accuse others of stalking them for nothing more than reading their public posts on the forum.

It is cute. As long as you don't overwhelm to guy in the process. But taking an interest in the things your partner is into can be a good and healthy thing. I'd try to look for things you "might" be interested in that you haven't really had exposure to and give things a try.

If you don't really like or care for something, I'd be honest and say you gave it a shot, but it's not really for you.

verysimple Wrote:The thing with me and guys is that I become totally into them and all about them. I start my hunt on them which is, getting to know everything about them and then I start to work on liking what they like… well, I mean for example, they tell me they’re into something… I wasn’t interested in checking it out until I know they like it and then when I am exposed to it… I try to like it just in the hope of establishing a connection with them.. Which is totally cute and pathetic at the same time.

I don’t know guys, what do you think??
I think: "Why is he worried about this, Why is he second-guessing his own motivations for having a crush on someone or having become infatuated with someone? Why would he think that is "pathetic"?" … << That's what I think.

If one of us loves one thing and the other never did, and if we ask the other twice he'd stay he loves it. It's not to avoid difference between the two, it's because the other loved that thing and never knew...

Rareboy Wrote:Pathetic? I don't think so.

Cute? Yes.

Ha! well thank you!!