Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patti Stanger: The Millionaire Matchmaker
I think judgemental finger wagging individuals also give themself a bad name. I think of gossipy church ladies.

stu Wrote:They are not giving us a bad name just themselves.

What's a good reason for shagging in public anywayWink you haven't had it in a while?

been there and it didnt do me any good or bad.
but gays are already generalized to have sex in public so why do it?
its just making others more likely to hate us.

wclark03 Wrote:been there and it didnt do me any good or bad.
but gays are already generalized to have sex in public so why do it?
its just making others more likely to hate us.

I have never really heard any straight person complaining about gay people having sex in public...not even once.

Why worry about straight people generalizing us when we do such a good job of it ourselves?

You do understand that when you point a finger at someone else there are four more pointing back at you.....eh?

Wanna start a list of "reasons" straight people dont' like gay people? Bigots always have "reasons" for everything...

East Wrote:I have never really heard any straight person complaining about gay people having sex in public...not even once.

You may have not, but I certainly have.

East Wrote:Why worry about straight people generalizing us when we do such a good job of it ourselves?

Fair point except that we are not in a position to give or deny ourselves or each other rights.

East Wrote:You do understand that when you point a finger at someone else there are four more pointing back at you.....eh?

Yes, it's hardly a morally admirable reason for not pointing a finger though.

East Wrote:Wanna start a list of "reasons" straight people dont' like gay people? Bigots always have "reasons" for everything...

That's not a reason to make if easier for them. If we want equality we need to change hearts and minds, I'd rather we didn't shoot ourselves in the collective foot while we try to do it.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Then maybe just some of us should have equality under the law...eh? The acceptable ones? Maybe there should be a jury to figure out who is worthy of equality?

Let me see...what are some of the straight people's complaints that I hear...

Feminine men.....they make us ALL look bad...stop acting like women and maybe we will all have a much better chance at acceptance.

Drag Queens...they must go for sure because they annoy alot of people.

Gays that hold hands in public or show any affection MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY because they make some straight people uncomfortable.

Gay Republicans aren't gonna cut it...the #1 complaint I hear from straight people about gays in the Bay Area is HOW can a gay person BE a Republican? Seriously...I am not joking. People around here are pretty tolerant of gay people...not so tolerant about gay Republicans....we better make them happy too because those gays are making us all look bad in their eyes.

Are you decadent and bitchy and shallow? That is a really big complaint I hear about gay people from straight people .....what shall we do about THOSE people because they are making all of us look bad?

As I said...that is the thing with pointing fingers...sure enough the same hand has four more pointing back at you....so why do it?

Personally I prefer to demand equality under the law for everybody....period. If you want acceptance as an individual and are willing to sacrifice things about yourself in order to get it...go for it....but dont' expect other people to do it as well.

Or...maybe they should worry about gay people's acceptance...let's turn the page a bit..

You do understand plenty of straight people have sex in public as well? Gosh..they make ALL straight people look bad.

The thing is..they don't really NEED our acceptance..they have equality under the law so acceptance is not an issue....and what kind of idiot would think ALL straight people have sex in public because they have seen or heard of a few that do??? I rest my case.

When women were fighting hard for equality,....there were plenty of women who insisted that if other women "behaved like a lady" they would get farther. The statement made by the original poster reminds me of this kind of thinking. It is offensive to me.

East Wrote:Then maybe just some of us should have equality under the law...eh? The acceptable ones? Maybe there should be a jury to figure out who is worthy of equality?

Where did I suggest that there should be equality for some of us?

East Wrote:Let me see...what are some of the straight people's complaints that I hear...

Feminine men.....they make us ALL look bad...stop acting like women and maybe we will all have a much better chance at acceptance.

Drag Queens...they must go for sure because they annoy alot of people.

Gays that hold hands in public or show any affection MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY because they make some straight people uncomfortable.

Gay Republicans aren't gonna cut it...the #1 complaint I hear from straight people about gays in the Bay Area is HOW can a gay person BE a Republican? Seriously...I am not joking. People around here are pretty tolerant of gay people...not so tolerant about gay Republicans....we better make them happy too because those gays are making us all look bad in their eyes.

Are you decadent and bitchy and shallow? That is a really big complaint I hear about gay people from straight people .....what shall we do about THOSE people because they are making all of us look bad?

You may consider those things in the same league as lewd behaviour but I and many other people do not.

East Wrote:As I said...that is the thing with pointing fingers...sure enough the same hand has four more pointing back at you....so why do it?

Because I can cope with criticism.

East Wrote:Personally I prefer to demand equality under the law for everybody....period. If you want acceptance as an individual and are willing to sacrifice things about yourself in order to get it...go for it....but dont' expect other people to do it as well.

Are you suggesting they have a right to have sex in public?

East Wrote:You do understand plenty of straight people have sex in public as well? Gosh..they make ALL straight people look bad.

The thing is..they don't really NEED our acceptance..they have equality under the law so acceptance is not an issue....and what kind of idiot would think ALL straight people have sex in public because they have seen or heard of a few that do??? I rest my case.

If the world was full of sensible unbiased people who did not let the behaviour of a small sub-group affect their opinion of the members of the group as a whole, we wouldn't we treated as we are. Other people's irrationality is our problem.

As an American you can quietly wait until the philosopher kings of the bench of your Supreme Court force the rest of your country to treat you equally. For gays in much of the world acceptance is the route to equality.

East Wrote:When women were fighting hard for equality,....there were plenty of women who insisted that if other women "behaved like a lady" they would get farther. The statement made by the original poster reminds me of this kind of thinking. It is offensive to me.

I am sorry that you find it offensive. I am sure that the British suffragettes were made of sterner stuff than to get offended by other women suggesting that they behaved like a lady.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Quote:I am sorry that you find it offensive. I am sure that the British suffragettes were made of sterner stuff than to get offended by other women suggesting that they behaved like a lady.

Because you have asked them? Is this how you are sure? I have read alot of essays from feminists who refer to this very thing as offensive over the years.

I will let the rest stand with your responses because I have made my points and there is not much else to say except thanks for your response....I appreciate it.

I have watched Patti's show a few times and found it mildly entertaining. That said, in one of the episodes that I watched she was interviewing a guy and got totally hung up on wanting to know if he was a top or a bottom (to the point that she wouldnt let him talk--she just kept screaming "TOP OR BOTTOM!" "TOP OR BOTTOM!". I realized then that she didnt really understand enough about the dynamics of same sex relationships.