Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People without 'phones.
Remove 'phones. from pictures of people, and what do you get? You get people who are close to each other but isolated - modern society.

http://notable.ca/a-photographer-is-remo...ed-we-are/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I agree it's not ideal. But don't get thinking it's something new.

[Image: q2CWiVu.jpg]

[Image: 8B6ISbW.jpg]

[Image: aeftLGb.jpg]

TigerLover Wrote:I agree it's not ideal. But don't get thinking it's something new.

But today you see very young children more or less glued to their smartphones and not interacting with other children. We are fast becoming a societyb where everyone "communicates" electronically but no one actuallly speaks to one another.

There was an interesting video posted some time ago that showed a family sitting down for dinner and the chilldren not taking notice of anything other than their 'phones. The remedy was that the Mother purchased a pepper grinder that concealed a signal blocker. Result: kids were forced to interact with their parents.

soon enough kids will have extreme difficulty interacting with people in real life. they will only know how to communicate through a screen instead...

Ironic that the OP rarely has dialog other that clickad links here.

The addiction is not confined to the younger generation. At an old job, my younger colleague and I were to told stop having our verbal conversation by two 50/60 year olds who wanted to text in silence.

Borg69 Wrote:Ironic that the OP rarely has dialog other that clickad links here.

And what then is my message number 3? What are you complaining about?

Here's the video I mentioned earlier:

trywait Wrote:soon enough kids will have extreme difficulty interacting with people in real life. they will only know how to communicate through a screen instead...

I had...have.... that problem without them.

Honestly, what you just mentioned is just crappy parenting.

Anywho, I get the message here, yes...alas, my phone doesn't treat me like crap..soo
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I do not think kids should have smart phones. A NON-smart phone with a few emergency phone numbers programmed in should be sufficient.

Then again? I don't have a cellphone. It makes my life much happier that way.