Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect steak using my Philips Airfryer
I love my Philips airfryer and today I tried to cook some steak in it.

I still can't believe how wonderful it was.

I kid you not, this was the best steak I ever had: moist, tender, cooked to perfection.

All I had to do was marinate the meat in some parsley, herbs and olive oil a few hours before, that's it. No complicated tricks, no artifficial ingredients.

Then I just airfried it for 10 minutes and the rest was history.

More on the brilliant Philips Airfryer:

Thanks for the post. Never even heard of it. Always looking for a great steak.

Will check it out.

palbert Wrote:Thanks for the post. Never even heard of it. Always looking for a great steak.

Will check it out.

It's definitely worth it.

I love my airfryer, I can't praise it enough: it uses little to no oil (80% less fat), the food is healthier and tastes great and your kitchen doesn't end up smelling like a fish and chip shop.

Sausages and steak are my personal favourites. If you're cooking sausages, don't forget to make some holes to drip the fat; the sausages are crisp on the outside and perfectly cooked inside.

You can even bake cakes and muffins in it! Smile

I guess my mind went in a different direction based on the thread title. I thought it said streak.

Is it just for steak?

Hrmmm... Not too sure how I feel about a steak in it. I'm a grill man. Through and through. The charcoal/propane, the fire, the beers, the friends, the laughs, the outdoors.. the drugs Spin3
I could see my self using it for deep frying. Seems pretty solid.

East Wrote:Is it just for steak?

No, it's extremely versatile and you can cook A LOT of stuff.

And the great thing is you don't even need to add fat, the airfryer uses the natural fat contained in the food!

Sausages (esp. fatty ones, the South African Boerewors is perfect) are wonderful, crisp on the outside and tender inside.

Meatballs, fritatta (omelette), chips, several desserts and all sorts of frozen meals are also great.

Less fat, more safety, more speed, excellent results and no greasy stove to clean afterwards. I'm telling you guys, it really is that good!

Lycanthropist Wrote:I guess my mind went in a different direction based on the thread title. I thought it said streak.

[Image: london-7s-saturday-33842.jpg]

It is a convection broiler. The same convection technology has been around for a long time in ovens. Other than the $200 price tag, it looks OK.
I bid NO Trump!

MisterLove Wrote:[Image: london-7s-saturday-33842.jpg]

That's exactly what I thought, but carrying a fryer. My mind works in weird ways sometimes.