Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perfect steak using my Philips Airfryer
The only meat I ever cook is chicken or fish....I am a sucker for buying stuff like this and never using it...ACK...

I just recently bought a large set of Nu-Wave cooking things...maybe 500.00 + I spent. I bought all the accessories and extra pans. I love it..used it once...it was fabulous....it did what it said it would BUT my problem is...I love cooking out of my cast iron pans...they are all old and so well seasoned and they do a beautiful job....I just grab one (I have stacks of them) in the size I need and walla...getting the Nu-Wave thing all set up is more time consuming in my mind....

I think you should have taken a picture of that steak.

East, may your tribe increase!

Cast iron is the stuff. May your cornbread flourish!!!
I bid NO Trump!

Doofus89 Wrote:Hrmmm... Not too sure how I feel about a steak in it. I'm a grill man. Through and through. The charcoal/propane, the fire, the beers, the friends, the laughs, the outdoors.. the drugs Spin3
I could see my self using it for deep frying. Seems pretty solid.

Agreed. I consider myself remarkably open-minded, but steak in this contraption sounds like heresy.

LJay Wrote:East, may your tribe increase!

Cast iron is the stuff. May your cornbread flourish!!!

I've been the lucky recipient of cast iron that goes generations back, and none of it has ever seen dish washing liquid.

I prefer fire to cook steak on. Call me old fashion but open fire just imparts flavor to meats that no contraption or stove can. I think it may be the smoke that does the trick, or perhaps the flames that leave behind particulates of blackened, snootiness.

Or maybe I'm just a pyromaniac who is only looking for reasons to play with fire....

cunningluvr Wrote:Agreed. I consider myself remarkably open-minded, but steak in this contraption sounds like heresy.

I tried the traditional method before but the final result was always disappointing: too dry, tasteless and it looked ugly. This was the first time I did a GREAT steak.

I forgot to mention I also used this beauty from Tupperware:

[Image: %24T2eC16FHJG!E9nm3pv9EBRPoDL,mvQ~~60_35.JPG]

Wom Misterlove can you actually cook without any of those gadgets lol?... If you want a juicy steak here's a professional tips. Serynge it and slow cook it. I never make a dry steak, roast or turkey and I don't use any of those gadgets. I enjoy cooking and those things to me just remove the fun out of it. But hey if they facilitate your life it can only be good for you right Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I prefer fire to cook steak on. Call me old fashion but open fire just imparts flavor to meats that no contraption or stove can. I think it may be the smoke that does the trick, or perhaps the flames that leave behind particulates of blackened, snootiness.

Or maybe I'm just a pyromaniac who is only looking for reasons to play with fire....

So agree with you on that... and I'm also a pyromaniac, even enjoy doing flambe, On Alex's birthday I woke him up with Crepe Suzette flambe still sizzling with strawberry coulisse (sauce). Good thing Alex doesn't put on weight otherwise he would be rolling off the bed since we've been together Smile

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I think you should have taken a picture of that steak.

I tried it again today, it wasn't as great as the last the one but it was good. I didn't marinate it for so long and tried 12 minutes instead of 10.

Thanks to the wonderful double layer rack you can see on the photo, I was able to cook two steaks simultaneously.

The second photo is one of my cooking masterpieces: the tuna souffle.

It's a beauty and, believe me, it tastes as great as it looks. It's a great way to impress guests and so easy to make!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)