Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal growth.
Okay if you are reading this expecting me to comment on specific sizes of body parts this isn't discussing that type of growth, I'm on about personality growth!!! The growth of me!!

Tonight I read over past posts on here and on various sites like msn spaces, and wow have I changed :|. I don't know if its good or bad like, but yeh, it's really suprised me how much I have changed, I read over certain things and I myself can see how I developed, and what I've learnt but at the same time I feel i've lost some sort of like.. innocence?

It's just really weird and hard to explain.. but yeh, do you ever read something you've said before or wrote down? Can you see changes in yourself or do you have to have someone tell you that you've changed?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Yeah I was a member of a webmaster website when I was 14 and left it last year.
I looked at my first post and it was a HUGE difference, not only my spelling and grammar but also my attitude you might be able to say.

But I still have a long way to go in my personal development Roflmao

In some ways I don't think we ever stop our own personal development, but its nice to look back and reflect, well for me it was looking back and seeing the person i've become.
[/COLOR]

Maybe in a few years I can say the same mate, as this is the second forum I've ever been on...

Well I think I could say though since I been on here I've changed, but I'm not sure...

Its one of those truths of life, the more we experience, the more we learn, the more we mature, we grow into fully rounded adults.

I know in the last year I have grown a lot in many ways, I am always growing and who knows when I'll feel like I've hit a plateau. There are still many things I haven't experienced that I would like to, and many things I hope I never experience. As long as I can be happy while growing, thats all that matters.

I guess im just finding it abit hard like, for various reasons, Just the people ive lost along the process of growing, and I know sometimes we have to let go of the ones we love in order to progress but it doesn't get any easier. Hmmm.
[/COLOR]

Im a great believer in personnal growth and like to think we all grow and learn a little every day if we put the effort in. Ive still got diarys that I kept in my teens and its amazing to see the difference. Good luck with your'e personnal growth.

Do we ever stop growing ?

I think it's important to have a balanced view of growth and development, insofar as life provides us with the opportunity for growth, both positively and negatively, so whilst I don't disagree with what any of you are saying, I think that it's healthy and helpful to look upon the people that come into your life, as well as the people that leave it if that makes sense ...

... I agree with those of you (Twazzle, XRIMO) that have said that we never really stop growing - I always think of it as striving for enlightenment, the first step towards which probably comes from accepting that we may never be truly enlightened ... but it's worth working towards Confusedmile:.

Right I'm going to go hug a tree or something Lol2.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s. If any of you are down in the doldrums and want a laugh, try this :-

ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab - hilarious !!

It's funny you should all be talking about this, seeing as it's something i've been thinking about a lot recently. I almost fell out with my closest friend a few weeks ago and it got me to thinking about all the friends i don't really see anymore, and how different i am now from how i was when i knew them. Then, whilst making my annual pilgrimage through the pages of Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom, came across a description of the World as saying that really we can only truly reach enlightenment when everybody does, and each step we take closer is a step nearer for everyone and noone at the same time.

It's an interesting idea, no?? I've taken it out of context somewhat, but to think that our own personal development is affected by and affects eevryone else's development. That really we don't develop unless others around us do, too... It's quite humbling.

Wow, that's one helluvan introspective wee rant i've got going on there...