Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Peeve
I just saw this on Facebook (Thanks Beaux)...and it sums up everything that has pissed me off since the 1990s when it started.

It astounds me that so many people don't realize that they are putting us all to sleep with what they call "news"...making our brains mush.....and one day when a future generation has to pay for it...they are gonna hate us for not lifting a finger....because they are gonna have to fight and die to change anything....

The 1%..no amount of money or power will ever be enough for them....we have collectively allowed them to become the monsters that they are with our apathy...

[Image: 12049396_904172809664711_912092262926876...e=56895524]

I wish I could recall the details of this one time...one politician was about to explain why the Patriot Act was bad and needed to be repealed, but he didn't get too far before he was cut off by the reporter (CNN, IIRC, it was some big media company) who said they had to cut to breaking news...of Justin Beiber getting arrested and/or being drunk. I forget.

A friend told me he wished Captain America (as portrayed in the movies) were interviewed live as despite being a cheesy heroic (superheroic?) character, he says significant things...and my friend isn't sure if that's because the character is so well-written, or because the news is just that pathetic.

Oh, let me see if I can find the FOX one about a lemonade stand!

I do know that at least once something was being played to the point of annoyance with most people. I can't recall what it was now. Many complaints were made over the trivial coverage while more important things happened and the station said they were reporting on what their viewers wanted. So a poll by a professional polling agency was taken (with details given, and it wasn't just some internet poll) and nope, viewers were all sick of it. Perhaps they wanted something else trivial, but the station was lying (or at least mistaken) by thinking that's what the public wanted.

Given who owns the media in the US, I wonder what they were trying to distract us from.

The lemonade stand...background is given for the first 3 minutes, about the 3rd minute it dives right in to the lemonade stand:

Though I should mention RT has a well-deserved bad rep of its own...but I did like Alyona. I almost never watch RT anymore since she left (IIRC, she left, but her show was over regardless of whether she did or not).

The sensationalism is what gets to me.

It's as if reporters cling to one event at a time, completely shutting out other important things.
Like when cecil got shot, that was all anybody cared about apparently, but meanwhile many thousands of refuges are trying to get to europe. We should have been coming up with ways to deal with that! In Denmark it took drowned baby pictures and thousands of people walking on the highway to get mediacoverage... It was as if thousands of people walked from the middleeast to Denmark overnight! Surprise! We're here! Didn't see that one coming, did ya?

With wars still raging, oceans still acidifying, continued usage of fossil fuels and worldaltering CO2 output, we resume to worry about banalities.

It bothers men whenever someone of authority in any field is being interviewed and the reporter keeps popping up the most ridiculous and unimportant questions.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Pix Wrote:The lemonade stand...background is given for the first 3 minutes, about the 3rd minute it dives right in to the lemonade stand:

Though I should mention RT has a well-deserved bad rep of its own...but I did like Alyona. I almost never watch RT anymore since she left (IIRC, she left, but her show was over regardless of whether she did or not).

OMG...it is actually worse than I imagined. I have never actually turned on FAUX News even once in my life. When they went to the Supreme Court to defend their right to lie...and won...I can't imagine why anyone would watch it knowing they are intentionally being misled and being given disinformation on a daily basis....

Insertnamehere Wrote:It bothers men whenever someone of authority in any field is being interviewed and the reporter keeps popping up the most ridiculous and unimportant questions.

What gets me is..starting with Columbine...reporters shoving microphones into distressed family members faces when they were experiencing maybe the worst moment of their lives....

The complete lack of respect actually shocked me at the time..I couldn't believe what I was seeing...

Pix Wrote:I wish I could recall the details of this one time...one politician was about to explain why the Patriot Act was bad and needed to be repealed, but he didn't get too far before he was cut off by the reporter (CNN, IIRC, it was some big media company) who said they had to cut to breaking news...of Justin Beiber getting arrested and/or being drunk. I forget.

A friend told me he wished Captain America (as portrayed in the movies) were interviewed live as despite being a cheesy heroic (superheroic?) character, he says significant things...and my friend isn't sure if that's because the character is so well-written, or because the news is just that pathetic.

Oh, let me see if I can find the FOX one about a lemonade stand!

I used to think Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan were on the Bush Payroll because everytime they pulled some shit...that is all we heard about the next day....

The one draft of the Patriot Act went unnoticed and unreported because "America was morally outraged about Janet Jackson's nipple"...uh...I guess they are outraged going to a Moroccan Restaurant too....so obvious a distraction that everyone missed. I got tired of pointing it out to people who didn't even care...

They "miss" the story all the time, and don't ask critical questions of their favored candidates...