Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Snails? <3
pellaz Wrote:a spontaneous open expression of your jesus catholic hidden latency. Every sperm counts.
Invasion

Rofl clever. Okay, that just means I'll be shipping some baby Milk Snails your way then, right Pellaz? Fal lol.

~Another Update :3~

New Set-up
[Image: IMG_0779.jpg]

Late night feeding :p
[Image: IMG_0782.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0787.jpg]

Vi
[Image: IMG_0784.jpg]

Jazz
[Image: IMG_0786.jpg]

Tobias/Pi/Lin
[Image: IMG_0785.jpg]
~
Here's my slug. He's a Detritivore I believe. Hard to tell, since I'm asleep when he's active Wink .
[Image: IMG_0777.jpg]

Close up( he's about 5in little less, little more)
[Image: IMG_0778.jpg]

@QueenOdi Cool seeing your snail pic's Smile

72jay Wrote:@QueenOdi Cool seeing your snail pic's Smile

Thanks Smile .

Don't tell them though, cause they are already Divas, and I don't want this publicity to go to their heads :p .

Updates Smile

Vi has woken from his week-long slumber :p .

Just a few pics of him eating for the first time in a week.

[Image: IMG_0850.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0852.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0853.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0854.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0855.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0856.jpg]
~
Bonus Smile
Pic of a few of my pill bug (Armadillidium) colony.

(hard to see, cause they burrow in the rocks :p )
[Image: IMG_0858.jpg]

Pics of my two Tropical Leatherleaf Slugs. They have no names yet Sad .
[Image: IMG_0859.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0860.jpg]
~

I'll update again when something else spectacular happens :p .

He sleeps for a week?
That is amazing.

I used to have pet snails when I was a kid. I find molluscs fascinating creatures.

QueenOdi Wrote:Vi has woken from his week-long slumber :p .

Really? Is that a usual thing? Why do they do it?

Slugs... uh, no please, our garden is full o these:

[Image: 220px-Arion_lusitanicus.jpg]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_slug

5 inches slugs? God, we have those too, but they are rather slim, not like the one on your picture.

great thread = love pets of all kinfds and how u have to look after them , ive kept rats over the years -there super freindly and so loving beleive it or not

Rainbowmum Wrote:He sleeps for a week?
That is amazing.

Usually it's 2days, but lately it's been really warm and dry during the day, so they tend to "sleep" until it gets cooler, because they prefer it when it's humid and cool Smile . They're usually extremely active, but the weather should be cooling down, come the weekend, so they will be more active again Smile .
~

@Nick, Well, it's not that bad, cause mine aren't like normal slugs found outside of the tropics. They eat mostly things that are on their way to decaying and apples :p . , so not really a threat to a garden, but more of a fertilizer, like the earthworm and pill bug. They all get rid of decaying matter and fertilize the soil with their waste :p . They're called Detritivores Smile . The one's you have are probably regular Herbivores, so they eat practically all plant matter (although we have those too, like the Great Slug Smile ) .

@Matty, That's so cool. I trapped a rat once, but he got away, so I gave up on it Rofl . I think I might buy a mouse, but no time soon, cause I already got my hands full with Reptiles/Amphibians/Mollusca(Mollusks)/Insects and my Music ;p.

@Wombat, Hooray, I'm not the only one Smile . Maybe you should start up again Wink .