Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pink Floyd...The Endless River
Pink Floyd will be soon be releasing what will certainly be the last album of their long history.

It's almost all instrumental but you have to take what you can get.

This has been my favorite band of all time for since I was a teenager. (sooooo long ago)

I got to see them on the last tour and it was great....I'm sure their will be no tour now. They are only 2 of 4.

Any other Floyd fans??

I like pink floyd, used to listen to them more than i do know but i look forward to the new album.

all are the songs basically left over from the devision bell session just finished off for this recording ?

shame Roger cant bite the bullet and just do it before they are all gone, saw him perform the Wall and it was just spectacular, the effects of the wall disappearing before you eyes was jaw dropping,

matty7 Wrote:all are the songs basically left over from the devision bell session just finished off for this recording ?

shame Roger cant bite the bullet and just do it before they are all gone, saw him perform the Wall and it was just spectacular, the effects of the wall disappearing before you eyes was jaw dropping,

I saw it as well, it was unreal. I was also hoping he would join in on the last album, but it didn't happen.

Gilmour did show up during the wall tour.

Yeah back in the day when they (and I) were young, dumb and full of.... whatever.... :eek:

I will not admit that I rock in my rocking chair screaming at the kids to get off my lawn as I listen to Pink Lloyd. :tongue:

Sad to hear that this is their last Album. Its the end of an era, the era of good music, not this rot that kids these days listen to. :biggrin:

Well I'm not like my parents or grandparents, I actually like a lot of modern music and have yet to get stuck in old timey tunes only. I hope that when I hit 210 years of age I'm still rocking out and doing whatever they do 100 years from now.

They haven't put out much of worth since The Wall - they haven't put out much period since The Wall.

The Final Cut was a Water solo album. Momentary Lapse was a Gilmour solo album. Division Bell was easy listening. This will be easier listening. I'll give it an easy listen maybe, but I'm not very excited about it.

Miles Wrote:They haven't put out much of worth since The Wall - they haven't put out much period since The Wall.

The Final Cut was a Water solo album. Momentary Lapse was a Gilmour solo album. Division Bell was easy listening. This will be easier listening. I'll give it an easy listen maybe, but I'm not very excited about it.
You are now my enemy!

lol, The Final Cut was a straight up Waters solo album, I really like it, but it's not Pink Floyd. Momentary had a few songs I really like, and a lot that I didn't care for.

But I disagree with Division Bell. I thought that album really captured the elements of a Floyd album, which surprised me since waters influence wasn't part of it.

Of all the Floyd albums, I would say Division Bell is most similar to the wall. It could almost be The Wall disk 3.

Maybe you should give it another listen...LOL!Tongue3Tongue3

reaper Wrote:You are now my enemy!

lol, The Final Cut was a straight up Waters solo album, I really like it, but it's not Pink Floyd. Momentary had a few songs I really like, and a lot that I didn't care for.

But I disagree with Division Bell. I thought that album really captured the elements of a Floyd album, which surprised me since waters influence wasn't part of it.

Of all the Floyd albums, I would say Division Bell is most similar to the wall. It could almost be The Wall disk 3.

Maybe you should give it another listen...LOL!Tongue3Tongue3

I gave TDB hundreds of listens back when I was first getting into them - recently went back and gave it another try. Only the second and third tracks stuck out really. Most of the album isn't outright bad, but it feels like they were running out of ideas. As for The Wall, I tried that one again too - and it's also dropped in my esteem. They kinda stretched that one pretty thin musically to fit the whole concept in.

I have such a chub waiting for this.