Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planning on getting my first tattoo this summer
So I want to get my first tattoo this summer. I want to get the triforce or the windcrest (basically the hylian crest) on the right side above my groin. (Not sure what the body part is called)

I always find tattoos there sexy and I want to get one there myself. The only thing is, that I'm slightly overweight. When I'm sitting my stomach would make the tattoo become invisible. Not that that should matter.

Is this a terrible idea? I'd want the tattoo to be a smaller one, compared to the one I am going to get on my back.

Tattoes are always a terrible idea in my opinion, even though they can look hot on a dude. I dunno, too much dead skin for my taste. That's me. You are you.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Is this a bad idea? Not at all Smile. I quite like tattoos myself and have considered getting one or two. The only reason I haven't is that I have never been certain on what I wanted. I'd say give it some time (if you haven't already), if you still really want it in 6 months time then go for it! But yeah, you have to be certain. Tattoos (in moderation, I don't like a guy to be absolutely covered in them) look good if tastefully done and I would get one myself if I absolutely settled myself on an idea.

I have never been able to come to terms with an image and want to see it for the rest of my life. You have to consider the look of tattoos as they age, also.
I bid NO Trump!

Nice, so excited for you! I personally want to get something like this (at the end of the post) but on my chest rather than on my wrist

[Image: CTOzNqTUwAEUHcn.jpg]

After thinking about my tattoo all night at work I think I finally have one I'm happy with. I went a little overboard at one point and created one that would work well on a back, but I think I cut it down to something small that I like. I'll make rough sketches of both later. Of course I will sit on this for a while before I get it. I've known I was going to get 2 tattoos for a while. This is just the first time I've seriously thought about the second one, which is actually becoming the first!

I have fantasized about getting one every now and then, but I think I am not decisive enough to take such a huge, kinda irreversible step, and in the end I didn't see the point why I should do it, with all the pain involved and it being forever.

However, I absolutely fall for guys with tattoos, as long as they don't cover every inch of their bodies

if tattoos are your thing then go for it - I would guess that 90% of my friends have them...in fact im struggling to think of any friend who does not have them except me - try to go for something unique like your doing with your own design - as for been a bit overweight and it could cover your tattoo in certain positions then I wouldn't worry as its your choice of placement and its to make you happy - just make sure your going to a good artist and try to see other peoples tattoos that they have done previously - get a s much info as you can and choose wisely as some tattooists are more skilled in some areas like portraits etc compared to an free hand artist - its there for life so research as much as you can first - the tattooist may also have ideas about whether your design can work in the area you want - be prepared to listen but also to walk away to asses the changes suggested instead of just saying yeah go ahead

This is an extremely rough idea of the one I thought up at work. I really like it all but it is too big for the area I was planning on putting it. The text would be translated to Hylian. It has aspects from my favorite Zelda games, and it could be expanded if I wanted to. Lorule's triforce, the one on the bottom, would be cracked, and the entire thing would be in black. The backdrop would be just the green lines not the black area too.

I'm still working on the smaller one, but it is mainly just both of the triforces as those are the most important aspect.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go speak to the actual tattoo artist you have in mind - show him your designs and tell him where you want them - then let him explain what will work and what will not - if hes a pro he will guide you as to how to do it for the best