Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help
I have very strict parents and friends, not any of them I would consider "gay friendly", or course I don't know that for a fact, but I'm fairly sure about it. With all the talk about how people that are gay of bi are fags and other stuff I feel really hard to come out in public with it. In fact I'm really considering hitting the post anonymously button in the top right corner because in-case someone I know has an account here.

My parents are christian, which makes it even harder to tell them, and unfortunately I have almost no privacy so I've already had to minimize this window 5 times to make sure no one saw me posting on this site. I've looked for help all over the internet for how to come out, but none of them fit even close to my scenario.

Can someone give me some hints?

If your still living with your parents, it might be a good idea to wait until your financially independant before coming out to them.

As to your friends, is there a trend to their 'fag' jokes? Like if your one on one, or in a smaller group then all your friends together, do they still do a lot of gay bashing? Sometimes, ppl will act more discriminate when others are present.

Before I came out, a lot of the ppl i know/knew would do a lot of gay bashing, which was quite scary. Usually though, there were a couple of 'catalyst' friends. When they weren't around, the gay bashing would pretty much stop.
Since Ive come out, most of my friends have made a real effort to stop with the bashing, cause they were originally doing it because it was something they picked up in High School and they just never stopped. They are (usually) never serious in their jokes, but Ive still noticed a certain distance forming between me and those 'catalyst' ppl.

The bottom line is that if they are really your friends, they'll still accept you, regardless, but if they are really homophobic like you think, you have to be prepared for some bad reactions.

"In fact I'm really considering hitting the post anonymously button in the top right corner because in-case someone I know has an account here."

Why be afraid? If one of your friends have an account here, then wouldnt that mean they'd be a great person to support you?

Whatever you choose to do, dont be hasty. this is just my opinion. You've got to decide for yourself how you want to move forward. Good Luck

Hello DK, look at the other thread you started as Anonymous, please. Advice was given there too.

http://www.gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p...post110761

wait what? I only posted one thread on here... I'll take a look at that post though.

edit, w t f, that's almost the same post...

lol, almost word for word..

Well, see, your not so alone after all!

I already gave my advice in the other thread that would apply to you as well. I will give an additional link that I often mention to those that are Christian or have Christian family/friends: http://www.soulforce.org/resources/what-...sexuality/ (and in case any regulars are starting to wonder, no, I am not affiliated with the site lol, it's just the best one I know talking about the Bible, and a lot of newbies might appreciate it)

I will also say don't forget to clear your Internet history. You might have hid your visit with a small window but there's still traces - but it's very easy to delete. I assume you know how or can figure it out with a quick google search but if not feel free to ask Smile

lol, I'm a computer programmer, I know how to clear my history, in fact I have a history filter setup, I have chosen keywords and any sites containing them are not stored.

And thanks for the help. I think the stuff posted in the other forum will be more than helpful to me as well as the person who posted it.

edit! wait how come the anonymous person is also from Lebanon? I'm getting freaked out now.

Sorry DK, your two threads looked so much alike in content, that I thought you and Anonymous were the same person... The advice still holds, methinks... but you sound older than Anonymous.

I thought the location strange too - sure you didn't accidentally hit submit once while it was on anonymous and then edit it and resubmit? LOL. And if not, perhaps Anonymous can find the courage to contact you and you guys can be of help to each other?

jbrowder24 Wrote:I thought the location strange too - sure you didn't accidentally hit submit once while it was on anonymous and then edit it and resubmit? LOL. And if not, perhaps Anonymous can find the courage to contact you and you guys can be of help to each other?

that is an idea, if I find out what account the Anonymous poster was I'll ask him, maybe seeing we actually live in the same town we may actually be able to meet off the internet.

princealbertofb Wrote:Sorry DK, your two threads looked so much alike in content, that I thought you and Anonymous were the same person... The advice still holds, methinks... but you sound older than Anonymous.

yeah, I looked at your advice on that thread, and yes, a bit of it holds true for me, however there are a few things that do not really fit my scenario, I have a friend too that I'm trying to tell, but I already have that part almost set and planned out, I've known this friend for only a year but that was long enough for me and him to become quite good friends, so I really have no worries that it will turn out bad. however I'm sort of scared to actually meet/talk to this person, he almost feels like someone stalking me, same age, same location, same general scenario, I'm just freaked out a bit...

Anyways, thank you very much. I'm starting to get a plan for how to tell my parents.

I think I'm going to start posting on the other thread, because two threads of extremely close content are not needed.