Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help
If you've talked for over a year, I doubt some similarities are anything to be worried about. Still, if you are concerned, just be sure to meet in public.

lol, I will keep that as an option.

jbrowder24 Wrote:... an additional link that I often mention to those that are Christian or have Christian family/friends: http://www.soulforce.org/resources/what-...sexuality/ ...
Thank you, jbrowder24. That's an interesting essay. Xyxthumbs

Well, I never heard back from Anonymous, but I eventually came out to 4 of my friends. And then today, just like 10 minutes before this post I told my mom.

A few days ago I was with my grandfather and a few other people when a random conversation started about the color pink, and someone brought up the question why it was always interpreted as a gay color. My grandfather said that he did not know, but even if a person was gay why make such a big deal out of it? He went on to say that he had several friends that were gay. That really boosted my confidence, and I figured if something went wrong while telling my mom, I could ask him for help, I think my mother would consider her fathers thoughts.

I thank everyone for the help they have given me.

Sounds like you have a lovely Grandfather, you are so lucky. I hope that all goes well with your Mother. Keep us posted about what happens :-)

I should have made myself more clear, I already told my mom, and quote:

"There's really nothing wrong with it, it's a personal preference"

No, you were clear that you came out to your mum, bit it just sounded like she didn't fully accept you like your grandfather did, that's why I wished you well in that regards.

The part of that sentence that made me feel like your mother wasn't accepting is 'it's a personal preference', which to me contradicts the first part of the sentence. Too me saying 'it's a preference' is like being told 'it's just a phase you are going through'

Sexuality is not a preference, I'm pretty sure you didn't choose to be gay, you just knew you were gay, no choice (Or preference) involved. That's what your mother needs to come to terms with before she can fully accept you.

I hope it goes well Wink

My grandfather does not know, it's just that he gave me more confidence with telling, just by what he said in that conversation. Overall telling my mom went well, she said that there was no problems with it and that she was glad that we had the type or relationship where I could tell her stuff like that. It's just my dad is the only problem here, he if anyone is the one that will get mad. So she just said not to tell him yet until I was 100% sure.

Awww that's a shame. I'm sure when your grandfather finds otu you will find a great ally.

As for your father, it is probably best not to let him know yet Wink

Good luck