Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help! Photo Experts or ANYONE who knows about Photo Digital Identification!!!
HI All!

I am posting this in desperation, that someone here may be able to help me.

Without going into too much unnecessary detail, essentially, my husband needs to prove that a picture taken on my iPhone was actually taken on MY phone.

I know that there has to be a way to prove this! Can ANYONE help me out? If we cannot prove that the picture was taken by my phone (which it was!) he could lose his job!

Thanks!
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:HI All!

Without going into too much unnecessary detail, essentially, my husband needs to prove that a picture taken on my iPhone was actually taken on MY phone.

I know that there has to be a way to prove this! Can ANYONE help me out? If we cannot prove that the picture was taken by my phone (which it was!) he could lose his job!

Thanks!
~Beaux

Not siure if this helps Beaux but if you have a Flickr account and post the photo there, it usually says when it was taken and with what.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Beaux Wrote:HI All!

Thanks!
~Beaux

If the photo has not been altered by any other software you can copy it to a computer. Once it is copied to a computer you can right-click it, choose Properties and then click on the Details tab. This in most cases will give some technical details such as the model of the phone used, even geo data is sometimes shown. It might not get so detailed to show IMEI or other serial numbers to your particular phone but will show what model phone was used to take the picture.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

What you need to view is the photo's Exif / metadata. This is information embedded in digital photography that includes things like what type of device it was taken on, GPS location of photo taken, etc.

Try this site: http://www.verexif.com/en/

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:What you need to view is the photo's Exif / metadata. This is information embedded in digital photography that includes things like what type of device it was taken on, GPS location of photo taken, etc.

Try this site: http://www.verexif.com/en/

That pretty well does it...pretty easy to use...either of these options will work.

Just to clarify, without asking for any details, are we proving that the photo was taken on your phone and not his phone or an another employee's phone? The reason why I ask is that I don't know how, without asking someone in forensics, how to distinguish a photo taken from one of two identical phones (e.g. both iPhone 6S, etc). That would make it a lot more involved. If we're just proving that the phone used doesn't match what someone else has then the information shown in both should satisfy.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Posts 3 and 4 are much better options than the one I gave.

This might possibly help:

https://techjourney.net/view-and-display...-explorer/

axle2152 Wrote:That pretty well does it...pretty easy to use...either of these options will work.

Just to clarify, without asking for any details, are we proving that the photo was taken on your phone and not his phone or an another employee's phone? The reason why I ask is that I don't know how, without asking someone in forensics, how to distinguish a photo taken from one of two identical phones (e.g. both iPhone 6S, etc). That would make it a lot more involved. If we're just proving that the phone used doesn't match what someone else has then the information shown in both should satisfy.

It is kinda complicated, but here goes: Back in 2012, my phone plan hit it's expiration date, and we decided to just get a family plan through Apple. Also, at that time, the Navy (who my husband works for) offered all their employees the option of getting an Apple IPhone for their work phones. Unbeknownst to us, Apple ISharing caused pictures from all 3 phones to copy to my husband's work computer. Some of the photos I took were....risqué.....

My husband has explained to his employers that we NEVER knew the Apple account would transfer photos from my phone to his work computer, but we cannot find any information in the file data of the photos that would indicate WHICH phone took the photos--his work phone or my phone....

He has been put on 30 suspenstion, during which time he is supposed to write and present to Navel Intelligence his defense. They are saying he took the photos with his work phone, which simply isn't true.
Of course, it doesn't help that all 3 phones were IPhone 4S.....
I really appreciate all the replies! I will keep y'all posted!
Thanks All!
Beaux

You might try contacting apple directly. I'm not sure if they can do it, but they might be able to trace the transfer of the files.

I have no idea how to help you out, man

But it sounds like this is one of those automatic things that happen when you use the Cloud or whatever it is...where they store the data "online" to back up your files and stuff? It connects all the accounts linked to the main one...I'd guess that he used the same email or something for both his work and his personal phones and probably at some point tried to retrieve his work phone information from "The cloud" and ended up getting EVERYTHING from all accounts related, including yours.

I read something similar when I first went to find out what the hell this cloud was my phone kept raving about.

Hope you get it worked out, man. That's just fucked up luck right here.
Fingers crossed for you, man.