Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poems
Hey ^^, I looked around and found that the poem thread was really old. I really like poems and would enjoy having one of these threads up here ^^.

I wrote this poem after seeing the movie "Beauty and the Beast" a while ago.

Beauty and the Beast
Ever growing fangs in body and soul, alone in a dark castle in the forest of death. Fearsome beast, you stalk the halls like shadows of forgotten dreams. Every step you take withers life; every breath you make chills the walls. Acts of greed brought your demise, to rise higher than any tower before. Joy beyond your grasp, eternity awaits. Your roars imprisoned in your soul and your curse to never leave. A broken image in every piece of glass, mirrors asunder in the presence of your wrath. Every petal falls from your enchanted rose, break as the withering goes. Roar sad beast, scream into the night.
Salvation travels with unknown steps. Chasing after what it holds dear. A butterfly on the path to the spider’s web. Wait dear beast; wait for warmth other than the flames of hell. Wait dear beast for heaven’s wings. Fly dear butterfly, chase your heart’s joy. Fearsome gates to a shadowy place open for innocent wings. Shine through the walls with acts of compassion and light up the candle floor with a loving embrace. Fly dear butterfly, spread the beauty of those wings and soar to the sky. Allow the sun to finally shine upon the shadow of death.

How pretty Niltra Smile .

I love writing poems as well, but I prefer writing music :p cause words make me tired Rofl .

I've written a few stories on Fanfiction.net and personal stories no one has seen :p and one of them is a spin-off or homage' to Beauty and the Beast, but is M/M Smile and completely AU .

But good work Niltra, it's nice Smile .

Perhaps a suggestion? Maybe make it a Stanza format? Like this;
~
Beauty and the Beast
Ever growing fangs in body and soul,
alone in a dark castle in the forest of death.
Fearsome beast, you stalk the halls,
like shadows of forgotten dreams.

Every step you take withers life;
every breath you make chills the walls.
Acts of greed brought your demise,
to rise higher than any tower before.
Joy beyond your grasp, eternity awaits.

Your roars imprisoned in your soul,
and your curse to never leave.
A broken image in every piece of glass,
mirrors asunder in the presence of your wrath.
Every petal falls from your enchanted rose,
break as the withering goes.

Roar sad beast, scream into the night.
Salvation travels with unknown steps.
Chasing after what it holds dear.
A butterfly on the path to the spider’s web.
Wait dear beast; wait for warmth other than the flames of hell.
Wait dear beast for heaven’s wings.

Fly dear butterfly, chase your heart’s joy.
Fearsome gates to a shadowy place,
open for innocent wings.
Shine through the walls,
with acts of compassion
and light up the candle floor with a loving embrace.

Fly dear butterfly,
spread the beauty of those wings,
and soar to the sky.
Allow the sun, to finally shine upon the shadow of death.
~
I didn't change much, just a comma here and there Smile , just so it could be formatted.

Other than that, I like it. Very dark, but romantic, and something else that I can't place right this very minute Smile .

Whew just moving those words got me tired :p . I couldn't imagine writing them. I need to have the mood just strike me Smile .

I like writing poetry, though don't seem to be able to motivate myself to write too terribly often. Also, right now, all of my poetry is on my other computer, which probably won't be set up for another week or two... xD

But in the meantime I'd like to share a short Haiku I wrote once, which I like very much, and seem to be able to pull off the top of my head at any given moment... ah the inherent simplicity. LOL

Sittin' full lotus
Toes a wilgglin' that's just me
I'm a gigglin'

hehe thank you for the constructive critisicm ^^.

It does look better in a Stanza format, I just copied it from my Word file and placed it here xD, but I think I will start writing in Stanza, seems alot more clean

Niltra Wrote:hehe thank you for the constructive critisicm ^^.

It does look better in a Stanza format, I just copied it from my Word file and placed it here xD, but I think I will start writing in Stanza, seems alot more clean

Your welcome Smile .

I took a semester of AP English at college last year and at the end of it this year,I was like..."Why did I, as a Musician, take a course like this?" and now I know why :p .

It's funny how we sometimes look back at our life and see what our choices which we sometimes deem odd or "wrong", lead up to a point where something enterily different would have happened if we would've made another choice back then...if that makes any sense xD

Niltra Wrote:It's funny how we sometimes look back at our life and see what our choices which we sometimes deem odd or "wrong", lead up to a point where something enterily different would have happened if we would've made another choice back then...if that makes any sense xD

I totally understand :p . Quite the philospher are we?

I love philosophy ^^, I have spent hours with my friends discussing philosphical subjects lol.

Heh I love reading philosophy but I've never ever wrote a poem, or posted quite frankly... I've never been surrounded in such environment to express me in such a way and obviously lack of knowledge. Think I've made one poem about Peace, but was to afraid to show it as I thought it sucked and was ratter negative and critical :redface:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

You really can't decide if a poem is "good" or not ^^, that's like putting a label of "right" or "wrong" on feelings cause poems are feelings put into words, after all, at least most of the time.