Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Cesar
Poor Cesar Chavez...one of my heroes....having his name brought up with his grand nephew...Thomas Guerra...being sentenced to six months in jail a few days ago for deliberately infecting someone with AIDS....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2211185

A lot of people think it should be a harsher sentence...but I disagree. I think he is guilty of being an asshole...and a liar.. but I feel like the guy he infected is responsible for his own choices...and at this point in time...he should assume everyone has the possibility of having AIDS...or a host of other diseases.

However...I am NOT blaming his sex partner for contracting the disease...nor am I slut shaming him in any way. I am saying he needs to own that he is completely responsible for making a bad choice which is different than "blame"...a bad choice he must live with. Also..."blame" goes hand in hand with "victim"...and once you are an adult that enters into a sexual encounter WILLINGLY...you cease to be a victim in any way. The only thing to do is take responsibility for your choice which is much different than blame.

As for the slut shaming that happens ALOT now with gay men....truth is...a lot of us do things that will greatly contribute to our eventual demise...so shaking a finger at someone who practiced unsafe sex is ridiculous unless you plan to shake your finger equally at everyone who left the house when they knew they had the flu...