Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pop or Soda?
I'd call it by the brand name. I haven't heard anyone say "pop" for years!

And soda comes in a syphon and you mix it with scotch.

Hmm mum, :biggrin: ….if you were in a supermarket in Australia and wanted to find the aisle for tonic water, (for your G&T), it will be listed as 'Soft Drinks'. You would never see a 'Fizzy' sign. I find fizzy is more a kids-talk term but soft drink is the general name here.
e.g. If you google 'Woolworths fizzy', you get 'lacy', …'Woolworths sof' , you get soft drink, lists, specials etc.

*''* I use the term soft drink normally...

soft drink

I used to live in Ohio and always called it pop....I moved to NC 12 years go, most people call it soda lol anymore I just call it by name...

Born and raised in the south everyone just said "coke" instead of pop or soda. Ive usually always called it soda, but when i moved to the great plains, everyone here calls it pop. Its just weird to me lol

We call it fiz or fizzy
But I prefer water. I don't like all the bubbles cos sometimes they go up my nose D:

In canada it's usually pop or soft drink. Pop is rarely used in Montreal, maybe because Quebec French uses liqueur douce (usually the douce is left out) too.

pop
but wondering what beer comes under

Here in Arkansas we call it pop. But if you wanna get fancy then "fountain drink" but that's for the rich folk lol ^_^