Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly getting a new snake!!!
So I'm probably going to be getting a new snake soon.. in the past I've kept Cali King Snakes, hence my user name. However, this time I'm wanting to get a snake that doesn't get quite as big because I'm having to warm someone special to me up to the deal haha. So I've decided on a Coastal Rosy Boa because they usually cap out around 3.5-4 ft and aren't a thick-body snake.

Am I the only snake obsessed person on here or are there others??

SnakeSnakeSnake

You certainly aren't alone! My snake is actually right here next to me as I'm typing this. Mine's a rainbow boa. I'm not just obsessed with snakes though; I'm obsessed with all kinds of animals. Snakes are one of my favorites though.

I hope the new snake works out for you. I've never had a rosy boa, but 4 ft is a more manageable size than most. It certainly makes feeding time easier.

Woot! I'd really like to have a Jungle Carpet Python or a Bumblebee Ball Python however I'm going with something smaller just so that way I can get my hopefully guy to be used to snakes haha. I went to PetSmart, which I get my snakes from BHB Reptiles, and held a Rosy Boa and fell in love with the little dude. I'm so excited about it!

I've never had a Rainbow Boa but I've held several.. a lot of people I've met think that Boas have a worse temperment than Ball Pythons but I beg to differ.. I have a friend who keeps several boas and I've handled all of them, never even had one look like it wanted to bite me. I have another friend who has four ball pythons and two of them have struck at me. Knock on wood I've never been bit but they can be pissy creatures haha.