Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepare for the onslaught of fresh meat!
Catchy title, huh?

Seriously though, I'm predicting a significant increase in the gay community's population. With the bans on gay marriage tumbling down, state after state, and rapidly increasing social acceptance, I believe a substantial number of homosexuals who would have previously lived their lives completely repressed (ie living as a heterosexual in denial) will, instead, live their lives honestly, and in acknowledgement of their true sexuality.

Thoughts?

Agree 100% with you, a lot more people aren't so afraid to explore their sexuality and feelings towards another human being without focusing so much on gender or "the natural way" haha

I agree with your prediction. To be true to yourself and honest with people you love is the most natural thing in the world. Everyone deserves an opportunity to live his/her life with the one he/she loves regardless of sexual orientation.

Not for about a generation. There is a lag on the personal arena behind the social arena.

Interracial marriage became totally acceptable by society, however many people wouldn't dare bring home a person of another ethic background for the first generation after society became more accepting.

Even now there is still a lag in that area: http://www.policymic.com/articles/72633/...the-racism

Coming out is a personal experience, sadly a lot of parents are still frowning on it. "Sure its ok if YOUR kid is gay - but mine never will be gay...." That mentality isn't going to be knocked down immediately upon social acceptance.

The kids of today (teens and twenties) will raise thier kids up a bit more open minded, their kids will be more so. So its about 20 years down the road before we have the full out openness.

It will be a steady stream of increase open people.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Not for about a generation. There is a lag on the personal arena behind the social arena.
Good point, BA. I agree with that, although I'm a little more optimistic on the time line. Given that we're talking about expression of primal, sexual urges, as opposed to the defining of, and adherence to a social construct (marriage), I'm thinking we'll see a marked increase in the size of the gay population in relation to the overall population within 15 years.

Bawawawawawawawawawaaaa sob sob sob....Cry....Cry

But that's gonna mean less "fresh meat".......

In case nobody's noticed, I'ts very hard indeed for 2 same sexed people to make babies for the continuing supply of "fresh meat"....Biglaugh

trialbyerror Wrote:Bawawawawawawawawawaaaa sob sob sob....Cry....Cry

But that's gonna mean less "fresh meat".......

In case nobody's noticed, I'ts very hard indeed for 2 same sexed people to make babies for the continuing supply of "fresh meat"....Biglaugh

I got all the fresh meat you need, love

Today i am okay. Smile

I agree Swalter the better things in regards to society get , hopefully the more LGBT people will be able to come out and accept their sexuality.

swalter Wrote:Catchy title, huh?

Seriously though, I'm predicting a significant increase in the gay community's population. With the bans on gay marriage tumbling down, state after state, and rapidly increasing social acceptance, I believe a substantial number of homosexuals who would have previously lived their lives completely repressed (ie living as a heterosexual in denial) will, instead, live their lives honestly, and in acknowledgement of their true sexuality.

Thoughts?

I hope that you're right. Living in denial is such a sad, lonely way to live.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!