Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretending?
OK so I've been out for 4 years
And this guy (let's call him Tom - because that's his name) has known me for 2 years, and always known I was gay,

but he turns round to me the other day and says (completely out of the blue) "HOW CAN YOU LIKE GUYS? THEY'RE JUST SO MINGING!"

So we had a larrge conversation, resulting in me realising that he totally thought I was some sort of mental, whereas he'd been acting he was fine with it since i first knew him :confused:

So what I'm thinking - is it bad when people just pretend to be OK with someone's sexuality?

Wilem Wrote:OK so I've been out for 4 years
And this guy (let's call him Tom - because that's his name) has known me for 2 years, and always known I was gay,

but he turns round to me the other day and says (completely out of the blue) "HOW CAN YOU LIKE GUYS? THEY'RE JUST SO MINGING!"

So we had a larrge conversation, resulting in me realising that he totally thought I was some sort of mental, whereas he'd been acting he was fine with it since i first knew him :confused:

So what I'm thinking - is it bad when people just pretend to be OK with someone's sexuality?

This could be answered in two ways..

Yes it is bad, as in general if people have a problem its better out than in, because sometimes it can change your preception of how you see someone, which isnt good.

But maybe he didnt want to like cause any friction? Maybe he felt if he came out and said it things would change which all in all he didnt want? I guess we dont know.

In general people should be open and honest with each other, as its the only way relationships, friends or more, can progress.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

exactly,

Plus I'd rather know up front what people thought of me. This way I can speak directly to their ideas or misconceptions....or decide how wish to continue the friendship. Having someone pretend their feelings towards me, or vice versa, myself not being honest in coming out to someone, robs them/me of the free will to decide for ourselves who we want to be friends with.

That said, a lot of straight people are just truly ignorant about being gay and what it means. It's also very often a lose lose situation for them. Even when we say we are ok with it, very often we pick and choose and play all kinds of games as to who should know, when and where. If WE can't decide and have it REALLY be normal, how can they feel 100% ok or know exactly what they can and can't bring up to us?

If so many of us can't make up our minds, we can hardly expect straight people, for whom this is a totally other concept all together, to know exactly how to bring the subject up to us.

As soon as we all stop hiding in the closet, the sooner the rest of the world will actually believe we just as normal as the next guy.

Not to hijack the thread... but what is minging?

futureRD Wrote:Not to hijack the thread... but what is minging?

HA! That was what I was wondering too. Must be because we're Americans.

futureRD Wrote:Not to hijack the thread... but what is minging?

LOL bless you. Easiest way is to show what you could say instead..

minging ugly minger ming disgusting nasty fugly rank fat horrible mingin crap foul gross hanging minge munter munting pissed rough smelly unattractive.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Put so eloquently... Rolleyes

x x x

Yup. This has to be because we are American.

Wow. I think I will have to use this term in the future. It's always nice to insult someone without them knowing what it means.... I have made the mistake of insulting someone in the past in Korean and they understood it. . .

And the pronunciation is important to ... it's not "min-jing" - it's "min-ging" (with a hard g like in "gong" or "green" - minGing).

So somebody that is minging is a minger.

Lol @ Twazzle's description - damn near made me pee my pants.

Munter is another one ... "munta" - it's similar, but USUALLY levelled at ladies - e.g. "She a munter named Armageddon" :redface:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

When I tend to insult people in korean, normally trashy girls when I'm out with friends, I call them bulgie nimsinanda... basically this means stinky pussy

going to korean stores all the time growing up, when the american girls come in and dress like hookers, the older women would call the girls this.....