Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pride
Just put my local Pride event (Reading Pride) on the forum calender and realised no one has done the same, how are we to know where to meet like minded people and celebrate our sexuality if no one promo's their local prides, come on people lets try and fill the calender, there must be at least one pride every week somewhere in the world?Xyxthumbs

Thats got the ball rolling, I have put 9 pride events that are happening in the next few weeks. web links to each can be found on the events calender. come on people put up your local event.

Invasion Invasion Invasion Invasion

Since this thread is not actually inviting written responses, may I ask if anyone can shed some light on what is going on in London? I've just received a message from a gay activist group I belong to to make some kind of representation to the committee organising Pride in London this year on the grounds that a group representing black, Asian and minority ethnic glbt interests is being sidelined. I just know there has to be more to this story than meets the eye.

marshlander Wrote:Since this thread is not actually inviting written responses, may I ask if anyone can shed some light on what is going on in London? ...
I'll take that as a "No", then Wink

Still curious though.

On another matter, I've just added Norwich Pride details to the events diary. It will be the first Pride in Norwich to the best of my knowledge. The organising collective put out a survey, the results of which are published here

I know I'm hardly representative, but I found it unsettling that the relative rankings of importance of the politics against the social aspect of the event showed such an antipathy to the former. On one hand it is great that so many people feel they have nothing they need to fight for, on the other I wonder why we don't have more empathy for those who don't enjoy our freedoms. Also, does this hedonism not display a remarkable complacency? As California has so recently displayed, what one hand gives can so often be taken away by the other.

Sorry Marshy x

Shocking that the largest free festival (Brighton Pride) in Europe hasn't been listed :eek:

I shall as a Brightonian go and list it Confusedmile:

Okay I will take that back Lol2

Although I have updated it as it actually starts from the 25th July and finishes on the 2nd August.

Glad you like it Fudger, may even see you there.

P.S. Your face does look familiar you know Confusedmile:

marshlander Wrote:Since this thread is not actually inviting written responses, may I ask if anyone can shed some light on what is going on in London? I've just received a message from a gay activist group I belong to to make some kind of representation to the committee organising Pride in London this year on the grounds that a group representing black, Asian and minority ethnic glbt interests is being sidelined. I just know there has to be more to this story than meets the eye.
I didn't hear about that :confused: all I know is that the theme is "Come out and play" and what day its on...other than that I am oblivious to whats happening.

I think Gloucester has pride sometime this year I shall look it up and add it Confusedmile: