Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priti Patel / Boris Johnson
We've had so much of American politics of late so this is a change:
I might be a little late in posting this but it's still relevant.

I'm refering to the bullying tactics employed by Priti Patel against her staff in which she was accused of screaming and swearing at those under her, a charge that she has denied in spite of the fact that some people have come forward  to corroberate the findings.   Boris Johnson, in spite of being faced wth the evidence, has permitted Priti Patel to continue in her position in spite of the fact that he wrote the Forward to the Ministerial Code of Conduct.  This is what he wrote:

MINISTERIAL CODE Foreword by The Prime Minister

The mission of this Government is to deliver Brexit on 31st October for the purpose of uniting and re-energising our whole United Kingdom and making this country the greatest place on earth. We will seize the opportunities offered by Brexit, investing in education, technology and infrastructure, unlocking the talents of the whole nation and levelling up across our United Kingdom so that no town or community is ever again left behind or forgotten. In doing so, we will make our country the greatest place to invest or set up a business, the greatest place to send your kids to school and the greatest place in the world to live and bring up a family.
To fulfil this mission, and win back the trust of the British people, we must uphold the very highest standards of propriety –and this code sets out how we must do so.
There must be no bullying and no harassment; no leaking; no breach of collective responsibility. No misuse of taxpayer money and no actual or perceived conflicts of interest. The precious principles of public life enshrined in this document – integrity,objectivity, accountability, transparency, honesty and leadership in the public interest – must be honoured at all times; as must the political impartiality of our much admired civil service. Crucially, there must be no delay - and no misuse of processor procedure by any individual Minister that would seek to stall the collective decisions necessary to deliver Brexit and secure the wider changes needed across our United Kingdom.
As far as Boris Johnson and his goverment go, it's  very much a question of "Do what I say, don't do as I do.  Just as corrupt as Trump & Co.
I have included "No misuse of taxpayer money and no actual or perceived conflicts of interest."  because it still galls me that the Government paid £21,000,000 of public funds to a Spanish businessman simply to act as a gobetween in the purchase of PPI for the NHS.  Just think how much PPI could have been purchased with £21,000,000!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 2 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • Cardiganwearer, tomtom