Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect yourself.......simple defensive street moves
You can watch "basic defensive moves" on Youtube, but I did not find one that offered anyone simple, everyday weaponry that everyone usually carries with them, that they can use to help fend off attacks. There are also cheap "gadgets" you can get that might help you out.

(for this posting, "primary weapon" pertains to something most people have with them or on them at all times)

Your keys are your PRIMARY "hard" weapon!!
Hold them in your hand, and have one or more keys between your fingers, firmly.
ALWAYS keep your keys in your hands like this when out at night, going to your vehicle, or in an unfriendly or unknown place....
If you get attacked, SHOVE A KEY INTO THEIR EYES and the RUN like hell!!
You can use them like claws also, if you get knocked to the ground, start scratching the hell out of their face with your keys!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzEvZpr7lSNhgFYgW2knm...WnuKIrFHzg][Image: self-defense-with-keys1.jpg]
[Image: keys-as-weapon.jpeg]

Your THUMB is your next primary weapon...
If you get grabbed or knocked down, use your thumb and SHOVE IT INTO THEIR EYE SOCKET!!!! And then RUN like hell!!!!
[Image: IMG_0698.JPG]

Your next primary weapon is your KNEE.
If they are close enough, or trying to grab you, JERK YOUR KNEE HARD into their groin! I have been told this even works on women.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTlqvvx4viGZbLwo4WVr6...vHKQ9EKJ2e][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTWNOTpnj4MthK98SECeN...PeEFZsGD30]
[Image: CH_5.JPG]

Your next primary weapon is a PEN. Yes, a PEN (even a pencil).
It is long, stiff, and pointed. You can walk with a pen in your hand, if you prefer not to walk with keys in hand. Make sure, while walking, if you feel threatened, that the point is out and showing on the pen. If attacked, once again, SHOVE IT INTO THEIR EYE AND RUN like hell!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ59DANdlcP4f9QQp-_DNP...O7VfRHZ4lw]

You can also use metal nail files, scissors, eyelash wands and even aerosol hairspray. Sometimes squirting a tube of hand cream or hair gel in the attackers eyes is enough to get you away from them and RUN! If you wear pumps or shoes with stiletto style heels, those too can be used a weapons shoved into the eyes of an attacker.

Here are some small "gadgets" you can keep on a keychain, in your pocket or purse, or some people even have them on pocket chains and bracelets.

A pocket knife.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvmKVHKVwQTzmRk6nhIzJ...9HYkM3lmLg]
For best results, cut towards the neck, face, and exposed arms.

Pocket Tasers.
[Image: original.jpg][Image: 20080508-stungun_blastknuckles-2.jpg]
[Image: 7day-get-item-5pcs-by-fast-ship-flashlig...-1df0f.jpg][Image: sg-gde3000pk.jpg]
Remember this................for BEST results, hit attacker in the NECK or FACE with a stun gun.

The Screamer key chain audio defense.
[Image: blue-screamer-alarm.jpg]
Makes a LOUD electronic screaming sound!!

The Bulldog keychain.
[Image: brutus-the-bulldog-self-defense-keychain-2445.jpg]

KeyChain pepper spray.
[Image: Personal-Self-Defense-Weapons-The-Truth.jpg]

The Umbrella "Sword".
[Image: umbrella_sword-jpg.277]

Pocket Air Horn.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSxYTiSZto1l_f5J-2DJe...c_NX8F_xvg]
Yes, even an air horn can be a weapon. Just point it in the attackers face, press the button for at least two seconds, then RUN like hell!!!

The Spare Wallet....
A few years ago, I read a story in the news, where an elderly couple got away from muggers by the husband having a "spare wallet".
The couple lived in a bad area, and even during the day, it was not that safe.
One day while walking to their car from the store, they were threatened by a mugger.
The husband had two wallets on him at all times....one "spare" wallet with nothing in it, and his real wallet. He had his real wallet in one back pocket and the spare in the other back pocket.

The husband grabbed the spare wallet and THREW it over the muggers head, behind him, and when the mugger turned around to grab the wallet, the couple ran back into the store and called police.

Notes:

Always have SOMETHING in your hand when walking alone, in an unknown place, or if you feel threatened.

If you go to school/college, you need to check with the schools office to see what you may carry on you, on campus, for defense purposes....a lot of guys get fines and jail time for carrying pocket knives on them. Make sure what you use on school property is ok by them, and have them sign a statement to that fact (get it in writing).

Same conditions go for your employer, check with Human Resources to see what defense items you may keep in your possession while at work/on work property.

If in doubt, or the school/workplace will not allow anything at all. You have your primary weapons, which are legal everywhere, because they are not seen as weapons.

And always, ALWAYS make sure you know where a SAFE PLACE is, if you end up having to run from an attacker. A grocery store, a police station, a shopping mall......anyplace that will be open 24/7 and/or have security guards or police there.

Why didn't you post this easier before I got mugged yesterday :p

mbennet35 Wrote:Why didn't you post this easier before I got mugged yesterday :p

Cause you didnt TELL me you went out to get mugged!!!!
Rofl

MisterTinkles Wrote:Cause you didnt TELL me you went out to get mugged!!!!

Rofl

Never walk in an ally by a bar to get to subway. Fucking animal not only stole my cash but my fucking sub also

ive always done that thing with my key whenever ive been out late at night and felt threatened by any groups of lads, im pleased ive never had to use it. I want an umbrella sword! :biggrin:

mbennet35 Wrote:Why didn't you post this easier before I got mugged yesterday :p

He posted it BECAUSE he learned you got mugged..

anyway, I'm a small guy. I can't hope to do much for myself, so I go straight for the weakness..

a punch to the throat or a kick to the balls can give me good time

southbiochem Wrote:He posted it BECAUSE he learned you got mugged..

anyway, I'm a small guy. I can't hope to do much for myself, so I go straight for the weakness..

a punch to the throat or a kick to the balls can give me good time

Nobody would DARE bother you if you were walking next to me!!!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0rFBrfBejV2pYXxHsop-...5IAT0-_pkw]

Of course, this is useful, however I believe that in real situation when your life is threatened, you would forget even your own name, let alone all these moves.

Edward Wrote:Of course, this is useful, however I believe that in real situation when your life is threatened, you would forget even your own name, let alone all these moves.

Thats why I say always keep something in your hand. You are more likely to use whats in your hand, than to have to think about it.

mbennet35 Wrote:Never walk in an ally by a bar to get to subway. Fucking animal not only stole my cash but my fucking sub also

Meebs, sorry to hear this...

South, don't kid yourself, It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog..I've seen some pretty small guys turn into fucking big tornadoes... They just had confidence...

To both of you, invest in some martial arts, the confidence you will gain will be way out of preportion to your investment.

Oh and BTW the advice from Tinkles? rock solid!

One other... If someone holds your arm behind your back pushing upwards, step forward, and using the free arm swing full round at full length and smash his head with the side of your fist. You can't miss.. practice with a buddy

auntie..