Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protest the Pope
Unfortunately Maryam Namazie's message isn't too clear... the sound is bad... Hope we can READ it somewhere...

fenris Wrote:This in my opinion, you run a open door ... But this pope is not a pope who would ever change something. And he knows about the protest and the best way to ignore it... he was in the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith ... from - i think 1981 - 2005.

There comes a right pope, one who looks the people first.. and not a - let me say - "2000 year old book" ... But this pope - he is not the right
I agree, fenris, but if there were any real justice this man would be arrested and tried for the conspiracy charges that obviously need examination in a court of law. That would certainly hurry along a change of leadership.

Again, though, if people do nothing, there is no pressure for change. It may not be the next pope, but it could be the one after that. If the Eastern Bloc could implode who knows what is possible?

Apology accepted... I hear that Maryam Namazie is really very very angry about all of this, and RIGHT she is!!!

Thanks for posting those speeches Marsh.

I really like the point made at the end of the speech by Dawkins about education. I went to public high school but not 10 minutes down the road there was St.Johns Catholic HS. I knew a few people that went there, an would always ask them to let me read their texts books, cause they always had two sets of texts books. One was titled Canadian/World History and the other was titled Religious History. I always wanted to read them to compare the two but no one ever let me.

eastofeden Wrote:I don't want to hijack the thread too much because I think protesting the Pope is magnificent...so in a nutshell:

I volunteered at one of California's 3 mental institutions...many patients were abandoned there by their families at a young age...Reagan closed the institutions with his "trickle down" philosophy (someone would take care of them)..these frightened people who were incapable of taking care of themselves were put on the streets where many died...I cannot tell you how much I loathe the man...

His legacy is an image and a lie...he raised taxes higher than any other recent President.

I hold him responsible for AIDS and the spread of the disease

Reagonomics are the foundation for all of our current financial problems..t.rickle down economics worked great...for China and Dubai

Deregulation...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

He forged an alliance with the "Moral Majority" and Jerry Falwell giving rise to the right wing religious crap that has infected our society.

He generally despised the poor person and his legacy is and always will be helping the very rich get alot richer.

Now...back to the Pope

I didn't know why I didn't like Reagan, and if I'd been asked, I'd have been hard pressed to reason why... But now I know why. Thanks for reminding us of his ill deeds... as a moron president. (not sure ours is much better these days, to be honest).

princealbertofb Wrote:I didn't know why I didn't like Reagan, and if I'd been asked, I'd have been hard pressed to reason why... But now I know why. Thanks for reminding us of his ill deeds... as a moron president. (not sure ours is much better these days, to be honest).
The Libyan people and the entire body of the USA's air traffic controllers might have opinions about Ronald Raygun too. His "Star Wars" programme (which he called a "Strategic Defence Initiative") threatened to take war to a brand new level of horror. He and Maggie Thatcher were a match spawned in hell. :mad::mad:

Meanwhile here's an abridged version of most of the speeches. Still haven't found the full film of Geoffrey Robertson yet.

thanks darling.

Also what about this.

Cardinal Walter Kasper reportedly told a German magazine the UK was marked by "a new and aggressive atheism".

No. its always been here. Just more and more people are challenging the catholic church.

The German-born cardinal was also quoted as saying to the country's Focus magazine that "when you land at Heathrow you think at times you have landed in a Third World country".

The Vatican said the cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight" and had pulled out because of illness. - Has the cardinal made an official apology to the people of England for this error of words.

The UK Cabinet Office said his views were personal and not representative of the Vatican or bishops in the UK. - Bullsh*t, he was on an official visit with the Pope.

Everytime the duo of Ronnie and Maggie is mentioned, I always think of Spitting Image.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441#story_continues_1"]
[/URL]

Now that the shameful circus of the pope's visit is over this is what should have happened at the weekend.

I like Adam Buxton's thinking!