Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punch him or ask him out?
"Oh no!" I don't blame you for thinking, "Just another teen-queen who thinks that their non-existent love life is the biggest issue in the world." You's be right. I won't blame you for clicking away now..... still here? Then I might as well tell you about my 'problem'.

Well there's this guy (Ben shall we say?) at school who I have a crush on. We're not best friends but we're in the same friend group and we are goo friends, we just haven't known each other properly for more than six months.

Well yes, I like him. A bit more than I should since he has a girlfriend (he is bisexual) but recently he's been doing things that are a bit confusing.

Thing number one: He admitted that he has thought about what it would be like to be in a relationship with me and said he liked the idea. He said this in a game of truth and dare (though not drunk) and I think he had his girlfriend at the time.

Thing number two: The mild flirting. Ok this 'thing' doesn't really apply because it's just something our whole group does, but I think this probably means he doesn't know I like him or he'd be too awkward to flirt? Maybe?

Thing number three: I don't remember how it came up but a friend said "Oh Ly's (me) just going to have to knock you out and sleep with you!" He then looked me in the eye and said "or he could just ask. It'd be quicker." I mean what the actual....

Thing number four: Again, in a context that I can't remember, he said "Well if I wasn't going out with Emma (the girlfriend) then I'd be going out with ly (le moi) wouldn't I?" He said this completely seriously and was completely oblivious to me and my other friends staring at him, a little bit shocked.

So obviously I haven't tried anything because he's in a relationship and I'm not a dick. I suppose what I'm asking is What the hell do I do? Do I tell him? Do I just continue to leave them being the happy couple that they sickeningly are? Do I wait and see if they break up? Do I try to break them up (not an option I'm at all keen on)?

I'm also fairly certain that I only like him because he's the only guy who likes guys except me around here so..... But then again we do have quite a bit in common and he's genuinely lovely..... Confused is the word I'm looking for.

So advice would be lovely if you could spare the time :3 Thanks

Oh and hello there Smile Since I'm new here

I highly suggest out of respect to NOT try and attempt to break up a couple.
Never works out well, and lets face it you don't want some asshole coming between you and him if you did ever get together.
The best thing you can do is wait, don't expect anything, and don't let the flirting go anything further then that UNLESS HE'S SINGLE. The day he's single he's up for grabs till then keep the flirting to harmless levels for the sake of the other persons feelings.
At the same time don't consider yourself tied down with him, you never know if they'll last and if they do you shouldn't be caught up and waiting for prince charming to never come to the door.
Smile Hope something there helped and good luck.

Btw welcome to the forums

If he really does like you that much, wouldn't have he broken up with his gf already? I don't think you should try to break them up, because that would just put you in a bad light. I believe that you should just try and ignore it for now, and who knows maybe when he's single you can go after him. You should probably hint something tho, you know? But it's gotta be tricky cuz you need to bring it up in a conversation without sounding so obvious , but like you should hint at him that you would never break a relationship regardless of how much you like another person.

and welcome to the forums...almost forgot about that! You'll enjoy your time here.

Sounds like this guy is a tease. One of the worst kinds of "players".

Stay away.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Sounds like this guy is a tease. One of the worst kinds of "players".

Stay away.

Quoted for truth. Players are nothing but trouble and he sounds like a Grade-A player.

You seem like a nice guy and you don't need that kind of crap.

Welcome to the forums by the way Smile

I have said it before to other people in similar situations...the guy that you are crushing on is OFF LIMITS...no one that is already in a relationship should be considered a 'prospect'. Look at the way he is treating his girlfriend by flirting with you ETC, and that is the way he would treat you.

If you can live with being cheated on or being the guy who broke up another guys relationship...more power to you bro...go ahead Wink

if it wasn't for the whole relationship thing, i'd say go for it.abut this is a big road block of the kind you don't want to demoish. I would tell him that he's makeing you uncomfortable and explain why, like: "yeah i like you, but you're in a relationship, stop flirting with me while dateing her" type expanation and that he should focus on her.

I haven't read past the subject line, but I say punch him.

Kill him.

Just joking Smile.

Actually, don't do any of that. He is in a relationship. If he breaks up, you can consider it, but also note that he doesn't seem to be taking his current relationship completely seriously, and that you seem to almost be a plan b. NOT SAYING THIS IS HOW IT IS, but that's what your post made me think of. I would think about that a little.