Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punk - Pop Punk
oh well..as my avatar suggests...i mainly listen to punk music..i don't care if it is old, new, pop punk..i just like that sounds =) But of course i do listen to other kind of music too, but my fave is punk lol... does somebody else listen to punk here??
What's your favorite band??

Sex pistols!!!! Rage against the machine, cant really tell if they are punk but according to the political lyrics i whould enlist them, green day ( the older albums the better).

Thats as far as i go to punk music Smile

i like race against machine too! yeah they are no so punk but they are good btw =D I like sex pistols and green day too but instead of gd i prefer Blink lol...

Growing up it was Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Clash, Ramones, Suicidal Tendancies, Iggy Pop.

Recently (Last decade) has come to include Anti-Flag, Green Day, Millencolin, AFI, Blink 182, Frenzel Rhomb, Good Charlotte.

Punk is also part of my eclectic musical tastes which include anything from Elvis to Gaga.

Dead Kennedys, i had forgot them.... Such a good band such a crazy performers!

I haven't listened to a lot of punk, but mine favorite so far is Ebba Grön (Swedish 70's Punk) Smile

Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I like Suicidal Tendencies.

I also like what little Superchick (pop punk) I've heard. I can't believe they're a Christian band, they sound more feminist to me. They're just a guilty pleasure for me, though, shallow fun like the junk food of music that tastes sweet but of little substance (IOW, very different from ST).

I like and love many goth bands which are said to be descended from or related to punk as well.

I mainly listen to progressive and folk rock...but I do enjoy some of the old school punk rock bands....mainly the stuff from the U.K...and mainly limited to goth (originally a subgroup of punk)

Favorite punk bands include: The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Bauhaus, Siouxie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy, Nephilim and The Ramones

I must say though, I'd like to give a good smack to people who think bands like Green Day and Avril Lavinge are "punk" Nothing could be farther from the truth Confusedmile:

I am more of a metal fan , but I do like Rage against the machine and the sex pistols.
My all time favorite band would have to be The living End.

I'm more into post-punk/New Wave than the older punk. Some Dead Kennedys when you're in the mood is OK though.

I also like Siouxsie and the Banshees.

The riot grrl stuff from the 90s isn't bad either, like Bikini Kill.

Actually this reminded me of Tribe 8 too, since I read Lynnee Breedlove's book not too long ago.

wintermoon Wrote:I must say though, I'd like to give a good smack to people who think bands like Green Day and Avril Lavinge are "punk" Nothing could be farther from the truth Confusedmile:

Avril, sure, but Green Day is definitely a punk band, they toured with punk bands and were part of the punk scene prior to their mainstream success.

Also, I saw them live with AFI and they were pretty good haha.