Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R&B Radio Station
There are no more old school R&B stations that play obscure stuff or who vary too much from playlists...so I am gonna make my own....

...and feel free to post any R&B stuff.....

Only one song a day for me...so the first one....

I Can't Stand the Rain..released first by Ann Peebles...I still have that album which I bought the first week it came out....

...and then Tina Turner did a cover a few years later...I like them both the same for different reasons....

Hey East. Have you tried 103.7? I have been listening to it a lot lately and they have theme nights. I think Friday nights are classic 80's new wave but I am not sure. I was listening one evening and it was all 70's and 80's R&B. Of course there is also 98.1 that is mostly 70's - 90's R&B. Both stations are from our area. Paul
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

Hay East,,,,

I can't help but wonder if Ann Peebles was singing about "Window Pane" Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)..... LSD was widely used back when she wrote this song in 1973

She can't stand the rain on her window pane.......
We Have Elvis !!

CarGuy65 Wrote:Hey East. Have you tried 103.7? I have been listening to it a lot lately and they have theme nights. I think Friday nights are classic 80's new wave but I am not sure. I was listening one evening and it was all 70's and 80's R&B. Of course there is also 98.1 that is mostly 70's - 90's R&B. Both stations are from our area. Paul

Thanks Paul! I have stumbled across that station a few times when they had an R&B night...and it was 80% good (which is huge!)...and then I forget about it.

Thanks for the reminder..I will make sure I have it on my dial in the car...

I used to listen to KSOL and KBLX and K101 back in the 70s/80s...and then the Classic Rock Station KFOG and KFOX I listen to now sometimes in the car...and when I am in Santa Cruz I have this local garage band station I LOVE!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Hay East,,,,

I can't help but wonder if Ann Peebles was singing about "Window Pane" Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)..... LSD was widely used back when she wrote this song in 1973

She can't stand the rain on her window pane.......

LOL...you might have a point there Jim..never thought of it that way.

Today...I will pick Edwin Starr.....really great (and completely underrated) R&B guy....I think he is sexy too....and so is his voice...

It is hard to pick just two though but I am limiting it to just two in any one post so I don't go crazy....

First...25 miles.....

...and a hard choice for the 2nd one...but H.A.P.P.Y Radio is my favorite so I will pick that...he did alot of great stuff...

Ahhh...since I will be on my iPhone tomorrow...I will do this tonight because I don't type on my iPhone....

Two of my favorites....

A rockin' Chaka Khan with Rufus in 1974 (I was in HS)...when I fell in love with her....

Once You Get Started

...and these guys were a tight band....Crown Heights Affair....

Dancin'

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

R&B is a broad genre, but these might be pushing it even still. Sorry if they are out of place, but here are a couple older, slower contributions from me:

Emiliano Wrote:R&B is a broad genre, but these might be pushing it even still. Sorry if they are out of place, but here are a couple older, slower contributions from me:

WOW Emiliano! Great choices...I never even heard the first one and I love hearing stuff I never heard before....glad you posted it. I love it...

...and you are right..R&B is a very broad genre and I think if you are feeling it...it's all good Xyxthumbs (and both of those fit perfectly BTW)