Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R&B Radio Station
Today....The Crusaders....

Street Life...LOVE THIS SONG...and lead vocalist Randy Crawford....

HELP!...the Beatles Cover with The Crusaders and Tina Turner...the LP version was released by The Crusaders with Tina as vocalist...

Two great ballads from the 70s...still love them both today and I think they both still sound fresh after all these years.....

Norman Conners......You Are My Starship.....

Bobby Caldwell...What You Won't Do For Love....

Again...the 70s. I bought ALOT of vinyl in the 70s...the bulk of it actually...still my favorite decade in music...

The Emotions...great girl group...I used to blast this LP in my headphones...

Don't Ask My Neighbor

I Don't Want To Lose Your Love

and The Emotions with Earth Wind and Fire...Boogie Wonderland...

Cherrelle had a bunch of hits in the 80s, and then just disappeared.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

My favorite version of a great song

I was going to post another of my favorites from Baby Huey, but then this popped up and if I havent already made this clear on this forum yet, Im all about some John Legend. So a modern take on a great older song.

And the original just because as much as I love John Legend, Baby Huey really killed it. I know the thread is about old school stuff too:

CellarDweller Wrote:Cherrelle had a bunch of hits in the 80s, and then just disappeared.

Good one Cellar! I forgot all about her...and Alexander O'Neal...nice! I have the promos of Never Knew Love Like This..love the intro...

Emiliano Wrote:

My favorite version of a great song

I was going to post another of my favorites from Baby Huey, but then this popped up and if I havent already made this clear on this forum yet, Im all about some John Legend. So a modern take on a great older song.

And the original just because as much as I love John Legend, Baby Huey really killed it. I know the thread is about old school stuff too:

WOW! Thanks Emiliano..I love getting turned on to new stuff and I never even head of Baby Huey...but I love John Legend. I like them both on Hard Times...happens a lot with a great R&B or Blues song...

...so thanks for turning me on to them! I had never heard the Legend version either so all of it is new to me!

Now I have an idea...

The brilliant, beautiful and talented...musical genius..Roberta Flack...

The 1973 Grammy for Record of the Year and #1 Song on Billboard for 1973

Killing Me Softly...

...and almost 25 years later...another brilliant and talented performer..Lauryn Hill and the Fugees...

..and when the guy she loved..Donny Hathaway,...committed suicide...Stevie Wonder and a bunch of other famous friends helped her finish this song her and Donny had started recording..I love this. If I heard any radio station play this I would stay tuned

Don't Make Me Wait Too Long

East Wrote:WOW! Thanks Emiliano..I love getting turned on to new stuff and I never even head of Baby Huey...but I love John Legend. I like them both on Hard Times...happens a lot with a great R&B or Blues song...

...so thanks for turning me on to them! I had never heard the Legend version either so all of it is new to me!

Now I have an idea...

Im glad you like it. That record was in my dads collection and I didnt listen to it until a couple years after he had passed away. Every song is great I think. I remember the first time I listened to it, because it was the same night I listened to Funkadelic's Maggot Brain... both those records really blew my mind. The afro imagery on both album covers stood out to me.

The Sound of Philadelphia...HUGE roster of great R&B artists in the 70s....I bought almost everything and I see a lot of the stuff now is "rare"...cool!

The Philly Stuff...it could go on for pages...too many to pick from...

First Choice - Doctor Love

Teddy Pendergrass - Don't Leave Me This Way (he could fuck me with his voice LOL)

Salsoul Orchestra - Magic Bird of Fire

Loleatta Holloway - Love Sensation (Great pipes...she was a favourite in gay clubs/venues)