Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R&B Radio Station
Emiliano Wrote:Im glad you like it. That record was in my dads collection and I didnt listen to it until a couple years after he had passed away. Every song is great I think. I remember the first time I listened to it, because it was the same night I listened to Funkadelic's Maggot Brain... both those records really blew my mind. The afro imagery on both album covers stood out to me.

Oh yeah..Funkadelic...forgot about them! I love some of the covers around that time...I miss the cover art of LPs. Do you still have the Record Collection? If so...hold on to it...Old R&B stuff is often very collectible and highly sought by collectors...

East Wrote:Oh yeah..Funkadelic...forgot about them! I love some of the covers around that time...I miss the cover art of LPs. Do you still have the Record Collection? If so...hold on to it...Old R&B stuff is often very collectible and highly sought by collectors...

Its all at my mom's house. I could never get rid of that stuff.. my taste in music comes mostly from my dad... in my opinion he had perfect tastes. He was all into jazz, blues, funk, reggae, motown, all that stuff. From my mom I get the cheesy old Filipino love songs and the Beatles...
But since I dont have a record player and my siblings arent into that music, she has it all. One day I'll get it once I have the means to play it haha.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Hay East,,,,

I can't help but wonder if Ann Peebles was singing about "Window Pane" Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)..... LSD was widely used back when she wrote this song in 1973

She can't stand the rain on her window pane.......
Lmao...
What am I reading...?

Do they still make "window pane? "

I was thinking of songs that could get me to keep it on that station.....

I like George singing this the best..he was the original.....I HATED Whitney Houston singing this....

Greatest Love Of All - George Benson

Misty Blue - Dorothy Moore

AS...Stevie Wonder...my favorite R&B song ever..it is me and my BF's "song"...if we ever get married....and are gonna play a song..this is it...

Syreeta Wright..loved her. She was a brilliant songwriter and artist..once married to Stevie Wonder.....she reminds me of what I think an angel looks and sounds like...

Blame It On The Sun

With You I'm Born Again (w/ Billy Preston)

I just listened to this in my car...on the road all weekend...I won't play the whole CD...just two (maybe three) songs....

Boz Scaggs.......

Miss Sun...my favorite....

We're All Alone

...and one more...Lowdown

Roy Ayers - Running Away

Idris Muhammed - Could Heaven Ever Be Like This

Herbie Hancock - Stars In Your Eyes

They were definitely more popular in the UK than the US, but during the late 80s and early 90s, the R&B and Dance charts had a lot of hits by Five Star.

All from their debut CD, "Luxury of Life".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

From their second CD, "Silk & Steel".

From their 3rd CD, "Between The Lines".