Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. Chris Stevens
PA: I heard one man on the radio saying: ''You can insult me all you want, but you can't insult my religion''. Honestly, what's the difference? Why is his religion more worthy of respect than his own self? That, I don't know.

I understand that .... me is just me and it is my decision if I want to be insulted. But my Religion is my spiritual way ... a Tradition.... a way many people who went before me... in the same tradition, with the same values ... they lived and died with the same spiritual mind.
And many people want respect ... not for themself ... for the people who lived before him...

I like to make jokes about MY religion... and - what normally is strictly forbidden for me - about the christians.... but with all my jokes... with all the fun I have ... I ever have respect.
I would never joke about Hinduism... never about Islam... I don´t know enough about this religions.... and I just can show my respect.

What worries me more is the generalization of people ... "The Americans" "The Muslims".... the this ..the that .... we have just two groups ... one who annoyed and disrespected the other .... NO, I DON´T SAY the americans annoyed the others ... I say a few disrespectful people annoyed a group of other people.
The circle of hate .... it hate it....

We had "The Germans".. "The Aryans" and "The Jews" "The among people"... and we all know what happens if nobody stop it..... we are all proud people ... but proudness don´t mean the we have to want revenge if somebody annoys us.... we could just say "Hey ... YOU are wrong".... and thats it.

You know .. today they burned the german Flagg.... what I can say is.... Hey ... we have a factory for flaggs .... so the problem seems not that big..... we should better sit at the same table and discuss the problem... thats the right way ...

Maybe you are right, Fenris, and thank you for your reply... I still think it's absurd. I would not accept nor like being disrespected. But I can understand that other people's ideas also need respect (sometimes). I still don't think we have to respect stupidity, though. For me all of this ''revolution'' smacks of stupidity and lack of education.

no ...we don´t have to respect stupidity ... but ... by example ... if I´m stupid ... and don´t know it .... I can´t see the problem. So someone should talk to me Wink