Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. David Bowie
just found this out. So sad. I've been following his music since I was nine.

What's weird is that his latest album, which just came out, is amazing. I've been listening to it a lot, which led me to start listening to a lot of his other stuff since I haven't done so in a while. So for the past few days, I've been listening to nothing but Bowie. Kind of creepy.

Worse, I can't seem to bring myself to listen to his music this morning. I'm so freaking sad.

I was listening to the last song on the new album and noticed the lyrics;

Seeing more and feeling yes/saying no and meaning less/This is all I ever meant/that's the message that I sent

Then the song ends with this big, drawn out finale, like a final, extravagant curtain call. It sure sounded to me like this was going to be his last album. That alone made me sad. And now I know I was right. Because he knew he had cancer. Now he's dead.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I don't know what else to say.

R.I.P. David

i am gonna buy Blackstar next time i'm at the records store. i don't actually own any of his records to date, but i definitely want to listen to this new album of his.

yeah, it's a huge loss for the music industry. the guy was a true talent.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Damn! Natalie now David, Another legend gone RIP Mr Bowie
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

great artist - even if you don't like his music you have to admire his directional changes , he was never afraid to take a risk - most artists would hit a winning formula and stick with it, not Bowie

Our Starman is now waiting in the sky...the world is a darker place Cry

Also we're all doomed now, too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/shittyaskscienc...rming_now/

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Hmmm, when I like the music I almost never care about who makes it. So I guess things like this never get to me.

Sad when talented people dies, yes, but, that's life for you.

The music stays, which is nice.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Cancer sucks.

But what a legacy.

Snape just died as well.

These celebrity deaths tend to happen in threes. I wonder who will be next.

It occurs to me now that I misquoted Mr. Bowie in my original post.

The correct lyrics are; "Seeing more and feeling less/saying no and meaning yes"

How lame and embarrassing.