Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant - Coconut Oil is not magic!!!!!!!
(Rant self-deleted)

Just stop saying it cures everything!!!!

Pancakes taste nice when made in coconut oil and that is my only contribution to the coconut oil frenzy.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

@Chase I didn't know that coconut oil was a thing. I know it is a thing for people who do keto and it can flavor things a certain way but not what I would call healthy...there are better options as far as cooking....

I would he been interested in reading your rant though.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I've never liked coconut, so I have no reason to use it.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I sometimes use it (just a little) for frying instead of sunflower oil... it has a higher burn point than say olive oil... around 180c/350f I quite like the coconut taste and also use coconut milk in Thai curries etc. too!
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Avocado oil has a high smoke point, 500 F / 260 C...but isn't as flavorful as coconut oil...but is much healthier in terms of the fats that are in it....

I'm too lazy to google. What are people thinking coconut oil is also good at...besides making pancakes and thai and other cooking activities...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Half my family thinks it cures literally everything. If I ever die, it'll be because my family tried to save me with coconut oil instead of calling an ambulance Sad

Oh lord @Chase I have a feeling they are into all the essential oil...young living craze? It can be a bit scary...like vegans who end up having malnourished babies because they don't feel their kids right... Vegans also do that to cats...which are carnivores...
Check out my stuff!

(05-31-2020, 01:52 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: ... Vegans also do that to cats...which are carnivores...

Point of order: people who claim to be vegan, yet keep an animal, may well exist on a plant-based diet, but many would deny they are vegan.

I'm always suspicious when a foodstuff suddenly appears everywhere. How has coconut oil recently become available in such vast quantities? Palm oil has destroyed vast areas of forest. I suspect the coconut palm can only provide enough coconut oil for export if also grown in a destructive monoculture.