Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rants, tantrums, and other blow ups
pellaz Wrote:The iter web has limits; yes, read another forum like hmmmm; realjock.com, and see there the "intelligence factor" that exists there.

There are not a lot of these forums and GS is the best out there.

grammar queens have come and gone here. good luck on that
I haven't gone, my dear Pellaz, I'm still here.... the occasional grammar remark can save a post from saying the utter opposite of what it means. We have a saying in French which basically means: what can be clearly conceived (in the mind) can find a clear and proper way of being expressed (in writing or in speech). And that's the way to convey the message you wish to convey. Sometimes all it takes is careful thought and (auto) proof reading.

As for the original rant and post, Anonymous needs to remember that this is an Internet site that is open to all communities in the whole wide world.

While Andy does a good job of keeping out spam and posts that are too far fetched, some posts might still get by.

For some people, English is not their natural language, so we can't expect them to know how to use the language fully. Heck, I don't even expect English native speakers to speak their language well.

But, I get the point. Wouldn't it be nice if this were a perfect world?

The answer is, you don't have to read everything that is posted on here. Be selective of whom you read. That's probably the answer.

Sylph Wrote:Why you made me laugh MiMi! Grr. I was so in the throws of my passion and this -.-

You're lucky I lubs you lots Sir Hands-make-heart
Queenie, it's throes of passion.... not the throws you throw over your sofa, hunni....

well i have terrible spelling and grammar im not brain damaged, i have dyslexia so don't say something like that with out taking into account of people who find spelling and grammar difficult.

mbennet35 Wrote:To be fair my father did drop me when I was a baby so maybe that has something to do with it?

Hypnotized-smiley

So I guess that disproves the notion of "bouncing baby boy"????
Rofl

Bighug

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Yes as a matter of fact I do have brain damage. I have scar tissue on me left temporal lobe just near the hippocampus - it is the cause of my seizure condition.

So - are you just singling out brain damaged people to puff yourself up here or are you singling me out of the crowd?

Anyway, I feel this is a pot-kettle-black thread....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWI46oQ-fDqeb6aPKjnkV..._YknGxuPSO]

And they deliver!!!

princealbertofb Wrote:As for the original rant and post, Anonymous needs to remember that this is an Internet site that is open to all communities in the whole wide world.

While Andy does a good job of keeping out spam and posts that are too far fetched, some posts might still get by.

For some people, English is not their natural language, so we can't expect them to know how to use the language fully. Heck, I don't even expect English native speakers to speak their language well.

But, I get the point. Wouldn't it be nice if this were a perfect world?

The answer is, you don't have to read everything that is posted on here. Be selective of whom you read. That's probably the answer.

From what I read, I think that they meant that some replies to some posts dont have anything to do with the question asked. I dont think they were trying to make a scene or piss off anybody.

Kind of like, if we were talking about baseball, and someone answers "yeah, and with a banana too". Just doesnt make any sense.

Spellbound Wrote:That is not me. I have never posted anonymously and never will. You owe me an apology.

Spellbound gurl, if that wasn't you, then I do apologize.

However, based on our past experiences, and your general stance on Grammar, English and the particular way you express yourself, it was very very easy for me to think this was you.

And I will only allow this Apology to extend to me accusing you in the event of it being false, however, the rest of what I said I stand by.

Whether it be you, Obama, Elizabeth, who ever, I won't let someone judge me or anyone based on grammar, speaking or whatever.

This is it.

Hands-make-heart

MisterTinkles Wrote:Kind of like, if we were talking about baseball, and someone answers "yeah, and with a banana too". Just doesnt make any sense.

Shit I've been playing baseball all wrong this whole time...and they kept telling me that sticking the banana up there would make me better at catching. Facepalm

MisterTinkles Wrote:From what I read, I think that they meant that some replies to some posts dont have anything to do with the question asked. I dont think they were trying to make a scene or piss off anybody.

Kind of like, if we were talking about baseball, and someone answers "yeah, and with a banana too". Just doesnt make any sense.

Deed is done Ma'am.

However, what I think people need to realize is, what doesn't make sense to one person, makes sense to another, so why should one person who don't get it have to pass a judgment on that person's mental or otherwise stability/capacities?

To me, a lot of the expressions, words and ways you(not you alone Tinks) form your sentences don't make sense to me right away. And I'm 700miles away from you lot...

If something is unclear, just ask the person what they meant by it, they should have no problem clearifying it.

You say " Let's go to the movies"

I would say "Ya, So what we getting from de store?"

But to you, you would find this as odd, but to me is just what it means, even though it has nothing to do with the movies directly, I am still affirming to the question/statement.

It's almost like indirect speech. I know what you're talking about, but I add or subtract information, because that's what we do.

"Did you pass the test?"

"Ya, but de Teacher was a bitch though and I barely got a B."

Didn't ask about the teacher, but still it is relevant, atleast to me.

Just little things like that.

and sentence form is all out of whack to me when I read it here(I have to reread a lot);

You would say; "He's been told!"

Whereas I would say; "Been Told him (That)!"

I may have been taught English at home and School, but it's not the same form as yours, so of course there would be confusion and weird bits of information you don't get or that I don't get, but it doesn't mean either of us are Brain Damaged...

That's what I'm trying to get across...