Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset or Repeat?
Let's say you are given a chance to go back in time to change something... would you? or would you just keep it the same?

If you dont mind, share what it is you want to change and why? If you do want to change something, if not, why not?

For me, I think if I was given a chance to change something... I'd say no.... I might not be satisfied with my current situation in life... but I wouldn't risk anything... how about you?

It WOULD be nice to be able to indulge in great fatty foods that are lovely to taste without putting on all the extra weight.... but that would be too indulgent, right?

My initial thought is I would want to change many things...but I know that at this very moment I am merely a sum of my total life experiences...good and bad...and if I change even one thing I might not be where I am at or who I am today...and I like who I am and where I am..

.....so I would keep everything just as it is...too big of a risk to make any other decision...

I think thatI would probably just not go back in time...if I was somehow transported back in time unexpectedly then I don't think I could keep from changing things...hell, I there are a couple of decades I so t even remember! lol
~Beaux

Pretty chill right now. No regrets.

I'd repeat my senior year in high school.Catsmiley

yes...most recently, I'd take back the past couple of weeks and do a do-over

I would go back and change my schooling. When I was young, I was smart enough to do the work but lazy. If I made any sort of effort, I could have done really well. If I got good grades and went to a good college, that would be great.

Albie Wrote:I would go back and change my schooling. ...
Interesting you say that. The one thing I would change if I could was my choice to go to college. I went to an experimental public high school and graduated in 1966. I wanted to go to a fine-arts school, either Pratt or The Art Institute of Chicago. My parents (who would be footing a lot of the bill) however, would have none of that. So the compromise was to go to The Institute of Design of the Illinois Institute of Technology. IOW, not a fine-arts but applied arts/design school. I agreed to this because I was aware (as so many were not) that the ID-IIT was what had become of the Bauhaus as the Nazis took over Germany. So, it was a compromise I went along with.

HOWEVER… while I was in high school I was "recruited" by New College of Florida. It was a brand new school with very few students and was experimenting with higher education. I did go scope out the campus in Sarasota -- which was quite wonderful, actually… I loved it. BUT… it was only a liberal arts, NOT an art school, not even a design school. For sure I could be involved in studio arts there -- but only in a very limited and mostly independent study way.

In hind-sight I *regret* not having attended New School because by my second year of school at ID-IIT, I was *well* aware that my experimental high school education had "ruined" me for *traditional* college curricula. In fact, I dropped out of IT-IID and didn't go back to school again for several years and THEN was enrolled in another experimental program, "The University Without Walls," here in Berkeley, (at the time, an extension of Antioch College). It was a completely independent study program.

Anyway… Yeah, for sure, my life would be different had I gone to New College from the get-go -- and its not like I regret having gone the route I have -- but I'm damned curious to know in what WAY my life would have been different. Xyxthumbs

I feel like years of my life has been wasted trying to fix the rut I created for myself. Where I am in my job and life I feel I should have been in at least 8 years ago. I am determined to find me a career rather than a job, but it is harder to find the older I get. Especially since I am a computer guy, and nobody wants to hire computer guys out of their 20s.

If I did better in high school, I wouldn't have had to spend all that time fixing that rut and I would be in a much better place.