Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retro games
I remember when my step-father brought home the game Pong - he played it for hours with his drinking buddies - it was top of the line, cutting edge game play.

Shiner Wrote:to those that mentioned the SNES, i miss that too. especially games like starfox.

saying that though, I'm prepared to run and hide when I mention one of my more favorite SNES games (aside from mario etc) which was bubsy ...

BUBSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs from snes gamers*

...you maketh me sicketh Laugh

Please tell me you don't like Bubsy 3D!? I may weep :p

I find it amazing how much gameplay has changed over the years.

I remember being about 8 and going shopping with my brother to buy the atari games. Walking home with it was a huge thrill and then buying the cassettes with new games by Activision on it. A few years ago I hooked it up to a video machine so I could show my class what Old School really was when it came to games. Playing Combat endlessly on it when I was younger. Later I spent hours playing Dune, what a mission as you had to click on each tank to move it, you could not just drag and click.

pac man u.u

I haven't gotten to building a retro computer for classic gaming yet, and I'm struggling to find internal floppy drives that aren't clapped out and second hand.

Saying that though I did get duke nukem 1 / 2, and the first prince of persia running brilliantly on dos-box.

You guys might be interested in http://www.classicdosgames.com/online.html

Yes, Aerrow, the good ol' days. I remember begging my parents for quarters so my brother and I could play Pong, then Tank, then Asteroids. Now my son has given up trying to get me to play his games. He can't play since he's laughing so hard as my character bounces around out of control.

Capture the Flag anyone..?

[COLOR="Blue"]Ultima
Zork
Kings Quest II[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]
Basically, anything obtuse and nearly unplayable. The kind of games you can only enjoy if you grew up with them.[/COLOR]

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Kick the can, Red Rover, Cowboys and Indians, or Cops and Robbers, Hide in Seek - and throw rocks at each others crotches, the first one to go down breathless wins.

Now those were games!

[SIZE="5"]Not only OLD games, but games we played LAST CENTURY!!!!!

Ugh!!! Where's my Geritol????[/SIZE]