Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Oh My. You wont believe how many times I have seen RHPS :eek:

Friends brought me first when in high school. It was nearly an hour drive one way. Must have seen it nearly 25 times then... The theatre was on the campus of the Uni I attended so saw it a bunch more times. I eventually got a job as usher there so had to clean up the mess after Fri & Sat performances but had a great time with the cast. Then made assistant manager so bossed everyone around to clean up & do this and that.

It was a great theatre we had. Had an ancient castle theme with two sets of full body armor & huge chairs and sofa... oh that sofa :tongue: I made good friends with Frank-n. He was so hot.

Loved dressing up, loved the story & music and the live show and audience participation...Elefant

I am sure that I saw it over 200 times Jpparty

FJP you gave me a chuckle first thing in thee morning!

Just what happened on the sofa! :o

WLM sorry :'(

Haha I am ashamed to say I've never seen RHPS before :frown:
That said, my guy has promised to bring the DVD over soon and make me watch it... and I've played the computer game before (yes, there was a computer game... heh).

Have seen it and have even done it live... Confusedmile: I don't remember which part I played though, I think it was the husband's, Brad (why don't I remember?)... it wasn't the main part, as I recall. Wink

Wow PA,BLOODY FUCKING IMPRESSIVE!Did you get to make out with Frank N Furter (sp?)?Did you walk around the stage in your underpants?

Dan1089 Wrote:Wow PA,BLOODY FUCKING IMPRESSIVE!Did you get to make out with Frank N Furter (sp?)?Did you walk around the stage in your underpants?

This was a local production, Dan, so there was no way we were going to do anything too risqué or too osé. I don't recall making out with Frank n Furter (who incidentally was played by a straight mate of mine anyway, lol) and I don't remember trolling around in underpants but it was probably the case... it's been a good few years now. And I've seen the movie so often, the two performances get mixed up.

Smurlos Wrote:Haha I am ashamed to say I've never seen RHPS before :frown:
That said, my guy has promised to bring the DVD over soon and make me watch it... and I've played the computer game before (yes, there was a computer game... heh).

lol.. Loved the computer game... Spectrum version... It was the game that got me to put the video (yes VIDEO, not DVD!! lol) on my birthday list as a kid... and then the soundtrack!! haha

Never ever completed it tho!!

Youtube sample of game... Commodore version... sped up somewhat!

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:lol.. Loved the computer game...

Youtube sample of game... Commodore version... sped up somewhat!

What was the point of the game, WouldLike...??? How did you score, which persona were you supposed to be? etc...

You could choose to play as Brad or Janet.

Object of the game was to collect the flashing (puzzle?) pieces... one at a time... and place them on the wall in the theater room (the one with the curtain). With only 99 on the clock (the time was in neither seconds nor minutes), it was quite a hard task to do.

Many hazards along the way including locked doors which required keys, being stripped naked and having to find your clothes before being able to continue, being killed by Riff Raff, random floating things in certain rooms, lazers or Eddie on his motorbike once he thawed from the freezer (hence the thermometer).

I found it to be quite addictive... I did play an emulated version once when I had the spectrum emulator on my computer.. but I found the timer went down faster than when playin on the actual spectrum.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:You could choose to play as Brad or Janet.

Object of the game was to collect the flashing (puzzle?) pieces... one at a time... and place them on the wall in the theater room (the one with the curtain). With only 99 on the clock (the time was in neither seconds nor minutes), it was quite a hard task to do.

Many hazards along the way including locked doors which required keys, being stripped naked and having to find your clothes before being able to continue, being killed by Riff Raff, random floating things in certain rooms, lazers or Eddie on his motorbike once he thawed from the freezer (hence the thermometer).

I found it to be quite addictive... I did play an emulated version once when I had the spectrum emulator on my computer.. but I found the timer went down faster than when playin on the actual spectrum.

Good account, WLM... Bravo for explaining the unexplainable... Biggrinflip