Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roller Skates!?
I always wanted to try them but considered them a tad dangerous and thought i'd look silly using them.:tongue:
I want a pair to practice with, and eventully use when ever i go out, but i fear i will try them once and never use them again.:frown:
I'm mainly reconsidering because i need to find a physical activity i would enjoy doing.
I'm not into the sport side of things, i just want to travel on foot, fast.:biggrin:

So what your thoughts? Worth buying? Or better off leaving it as a silly idea never taken form.

PS:Whats the laws about roller skates in the UK? I've honstly never seen anyone using them!!!Disoriented
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:I always wanted to try them but considered them a tad dangerous and thought i'd look silly using them.:tongue:
I want a pair to practice with, and eventully use when ever i go out, but i fear i will try them once and never use them again.:frown:
I'm mainly reconsidering because i need to find a physical activity i would enjoy doing.
I'm not into the sport side of things, i just want to travel on foot, fast.:biggrin:

So what your thoughts? Worth buying? Or better off leaving it as a silly idea never taken form.

PS:Whats the laws about roller skates in the UK? I've honstly never seen anyone using them!!!Disoriented

Laws in UK for roller skates:

Paragraph 7, Section 2, appendix 12a:
No member of the public may attach giant rockets to their roller skates.
No member of the public may use roller skates on train tracks.
No member of the public may wear roller skates unless UBERCOOL.

Ok so im just joshing with ya, but im pretty sure there are no laws in regards to them unless you start hitting ppl. Most skate parks i visit with my jump bike have guys who are awesome at doing jumps, grinds and stunts with Roller Booties!

albabonzai Wrote:Laws in UK for roller skates:

Paragraph 7, Section 2, appendix 12a:
No member of the public may attach giant rockets to their roller skates.
No member of the public may use roller skates on train tracks.
Unfortunatly someone out there was probably stupid enough to try both of the above
No member of the public may wear roller skates unless UBERCOOL.
Yeah, but don't roller skates MAKE you ubercool?:tongue:
Ok so im just joshing with ya, but im pretty sure there are no laws in regards to them unless you start hitting ppl. Most skate parks i visit with my jump bike have guys who are awesome at doing jumps, grinds and stunts with Roller Booties!
Thanks for the info!
I'm definatly getting some, whats the point in not trying it? I'll either like it or i wont, i'll never know unless I try!:biggrin:

I wish I had a reason to sky dive......:tongue:

[COLOR="Purple"]Go for it!!!

Just remember to get all the knee and elbow pads!

You will be living my dream (since I will be sticking to cycling) :redface: [/COLOR]

I fit's your first time on them, it's pretty much guaranteed you will fall on your ass...

Good luck though!

second time actully! Fist time i hit my head on a raised piece of flooring at a roller rink just after standing up in them, so i took them straight off again.:tongue:
HOPEFULLY i'll land on my toosh this time! :biggrin:
Could be a few weeks before i can buy some skates though....:frown:

Intrestingly enough I have a HUGE head(XXL(62 CM circumfrence)) Which made finding a helmet a little difficult aswell as expensive(£80!)

But all i'm missing now are pads(first ones too small) and a bad to hold it all(reffer to most recent bracia)

Feel cool wearing the skates, started having dreams about using them, is this a good sign? :p

Genersis Wrote:...started having dreams about using them, is this a good sign? :p
What are you doing in your dreams ... ? Wink

Skating at night while its raining on a street dimmly lit with streetlights with a numorous amount of ledges on one side accending; like stairs.I never saw what was on the other side of the street.
Werid, I don't normally remember dreams so vividly......

Inline skating is a lot easier than "traditional" roller skating in my opinion. But I prefer to stick with my trusty ole hooves.