Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosslyn Chapel
I visited Rosslyn Chapel a few years ago now and got some photos whilst there. 
Not the best quality, I'd like to go back at some point and get some better ones. It was really busy when I was there and people kept getting in my way.

Anyone who's read or watched the Da Vinci Code will be familiar with this location. Despite it being in Scotland I'd never actually heard of it until I read that book!

There really are thousands of weird and wonderful carvings all over the interior. I've never seen so many within a Chapel/Abbey before, especially since many are of a Pagan nature. I couldn't actually find any of the Green Man ones though!

When I was there there was restoration work going on, and they'd actually built walkways up around the roof areas within the scaffolding that the public could access, which was cool.

<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 2 members Like Bookworm's post:
  • CellarDweller, eastofeden

really like the stained glass one, the pops of color against the neutral walls.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Bookworm

(10-10-2020, 08:40 PM)CellarDweller Wrote: really like the stained glass one, the pops of color against the neutral walls.

Interesting set @Bookworm.  I hope you get to go back and take some more.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 1 member Likes LONDONER's post:
  • Bookworm

(10-10-2020, 10:38 PM)LONDONER Wrote: Interesting set @Bookworm.  I hope you get to go back and take some more.

Me too. The restoration work has been completed now, and it should be less busy. I picked the wrong time to visit, right at the height of the Da Vinci Code mania  Rolleyes
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>