Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2 (win~!)
So if anyone has been keeping up with me you would know that I had a bad first date (Very bad!). But after getting over myself and roaming again on grindr (filtering through about 5 overly horny people like double my age) I found him! We have only been "together" for about 5 days and I can confidently say he's the love of my life we have so much in common and even when I step back and look at this logically I cant find a reason to not like him. We both know were moving ridiculously fast for being "together" for 5 days but even after the second day we both agreed we were gonna be together. I'll be meeting him in person on Wednesday and I cant wait.

Sounds great! Although, not to be a downer here or anything, I don't think it's a good idea to declare a person "the love of your life" after five days of knowing him and without having met in real life o:

Good luck though!

well I havent said that to him but yeah... seems alittle too much xD were really cheesy so those words will be exchanged eventually. I donno till yesterday i was really reluctant to even tell him "i love you" but things just seem to be getting better and better. I just hope the first date goes well, but we have the whole thing planned out. we left nothing to guess work.

I'd be careful before you start proclaiming that someone is the love of your life before actually meeting them in person, the reality is that even though you're happy to talk to him and you may have told a lot to each other you still really don't know him. Too many people are left dissatisfied after going on a date with someone they really thought they were getting on with online or through an app.

Yeah I have my guard up in case of this happening thats why we are meeting up so quickly I cant feel this way for like a month and get put down I'd die. Unless something catastrophic happens I dont see how things could go wrongly we know our expectations of eachother and all of them have really been met by both of us.

Slow down and take a deep breath Smile

Im glad you have clicked with someone ONLINE. Thats as good a place to meet someone as anywhere, but you need to stop and think about your own safety, especially since you have never met face to face.

Your first meeting can be fun and exciting - I still remember mine LoL ;-) but your 17 and the world is your oyster as they say.

If you have a friend who knows you're gay, then make sure they know who your meeting and where. Make sure you meet somewhere public - coffee shop, mcdonalds etc. And don't think you have to "do" anything on your first meeting.

Hope all goes well, and don't forget to keep us posted on progress Smile

Good Luck,

ObW
x

As a guy approaching 50 yrs old I should advise you so slow down, but I won't waste my text. (I remember being 17.) Be safe. Have fun. Remember that it takes time to get to know another person, especially intimately. Pay attention to your gut feelings when you meet in person.

I can only imagine what it's like to go through adolescence with access to Grindr and the web. Thankfully it gives you access to Gayspeak, as well. I hope you keep sharing here!

First congrats!

Second, I remember being 17 as well. Everything had to be done quickly and with instant gratification. Maybe it was the hormones? Try to think logically and whether or not the two of you are compatible. Try to look for his flaws. If you see him as being flawless, then you are most likely infatuated with him and those relationships never last.

He has one major flaw... He's a rediculously picky eater other than that we both have really similar attitudes towards everything It could just be the blind hiding all of the flaws but even context clues dont hint at many flaws, any flaws I've noticed I have myself so I just ignore those since you cant be "calling the kettle black..." and nothing hints at him being crazy or overpowering... if anything he's just really sweet, like aww inducing lol