Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rupaul's Drag Race Season 9!
Confuzzled4 Wrote:I feel almost ashamed to ask, but I never watched any Ru Paul. Is it really that much of a standard to watch as a gay man?

no

Some poofs like football, some don't
Some poofs like motor sport, some don't
Some poofs like drags shows, some don't.

The only stereotypes are in the imaginations of small minds.

I have never watched Ru Paul, Graham Norton or Julian Clarey because quiet frankly I find them laden in sterotypes.

Im not a Lady Gaga fan, that episode was a little too much up her ass for my tastes. But I still stand my choices of favorites... and unspoken dislikes.

Emiliano Wrote:Im not a Lady Gaga fan, that episode was a little too much up her ass for my tastes. But I still stand my choices of favorites... and unspoken dislikes.

I'm not so sure about Gaga...she seems to be a 1970's cliche of been there done that, stole someone else's T-Shirt.

The closest thing I could call her is a piss-take.

deephiance Wrote:I'm not so sure about Gaga...she seems to be a 1970's cliche of been there done that, stole someone else's T-Shirt.

The closest thing I could call her is a piss-take.

I did like some of the songs she did with Tony Bennett. She has a good voice, and I think it shows when she just simply sings. But everything else about her is distracting for me. Im not a fan of her whole "im so avant garde and weird" shtick. I dont see much in her thats original and the musicians she references all did it better. Her own music and style doesnt do anything for me personally, and her theatrics are just repackaged for a modern audience, and in a somewhat safer version at that.

I might sound harsh, but ive been drinking. Im not even strongly opposed to her, just not a fan.

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] could have fooled me, thought you were a critic of hers lol. She definitely can sing, but in a sense I can understand where you're coming from with her artistry. I know for example Ace of Base was a big influence of hers, and her music is not as good as theirs.

She can definately sing, she has a fantastic voice with a gobsmacking range...she just doesn't have talent when it comes to theatrics. he isn't doing anything that any or her predessesors have done in a time when it was ground breaking.

Confuzzled4 Wrote:[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] could have fooled me, thought you were a critic of hers lol. She definitely can sing, but in a sense I can understand where you're coming from with her artistry. I know for example Ace of Base was a big influence of hers, and her music is not as good as theirs.

I mean shes just not the kind of music im into. Its cool she has a positive message for weird people who dont fit in and gay people, and im not going to shit on anyone who seeks to empower people like that. I just dont like that shes often treated as being so groundbreaking.

Because im a cold, bitter bitch.

But an honest cold bitter bitch Tongue

Confuzzled4 Wrote:I feel almost ashamed to ask, but I never watched any Ru Paul. Is it really that much of a standard to watch as a gay man?

Not really tbh! I wasn't all that interested until my boyfriend introduced me to it quite recently.

I agree about Gaga being up her own ass. It was really noticeable during the runway challenge. Seriously, just get over yourself, you've had your limelight Rolleyes

I will say though, I'm intrigued what Ru meant at the beginning (I don't want to post too much in case I give it away). The structure is completely off, which leaves me wondering where they're going with this season...