Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadness
Yes, I can be a sentimental person, sometimes.

I am working right now (I work from home) and listening to music that sometimes bring ups sadness: Queen, Coheed & Cambria, and yes, even Disco music. :eek: ...

Past loves, those that have died, the unforeseen future and what it holds (Or does not hold). It almost makes me want to cry here at my keyboard.

I am glad I can express this here. Confusedmile:

~Matthew~

Bighug Matthew

I love Queen. Right now "Love of My Life" is on repeat in my head. Brian May and his guitar playing in this video is just so incredible and yet humble.

Speaking of Brian May. He's just such an neat person and so talented. He's an astrophysicist and by accident I found this interview one night. He has also struggled with depression (~8:28). I just appreciated his honesty in talking about it because I struggled with this in the past. I admire him so much. Thought you might enjoy it.

Thank you guys, I don't understand how it is possible that I've never heard them. Or maybe I did, but never knew who it was? Shame on me. I guess when our country was closed to anything English=non communistic=very bad I had no chance, and later I chose different music to listen to.
Anyway, thank you, it's never too late Smile

^^ Great Brian May interview - thank you for posting.

I know what you mean. I can't listen to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here because it was my ex's favourite album and song before he passed.

The Police de doo doo do de daa daa da reminds me of my first kiss when I was 12.

David Bowie's Heroes I was seranaded with by my first kiss

Thank you all for your replies Wink

i link many songs too to past events...some happy some sad, Stay With Me Baby by lorrain Elison takes me back to someone i still care about but didnt work out, and Robbie Williams - Angels..it was my dear friends favorite song and also played at his funeral a few months ago now

matty7 Wrote:i link many songs too to past events...some happy some sad, Stay With Me Baby by lorrain Elison takes me back to someone i still care about but didnt work out, and Robbie Williams - Angels..it was my dear friends favorite song and also played at his funeral a few months ago now

I am sorry for that, Matty. Sad

Matty71 - it shows that your thread is a good one and i bet loads of us have the sentimental songs too - im happy now to link my 2 songs to people i cared about so i can smile now when i hear them

Music has such an amazing ability to provoke emotions in us. Music can be great and terrible, and it can enrich our lives, make us remember good and bad times, and give us whatever mood adjustment we really need.
Richard