Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same sex marriage approved in Taiwan
Are there any openly gay Chinese or Taiwanese activists or celebrities that are well known that are pushing for gay marriage? Do you guys see many positive representations of gay individuals or couples in the media there?

#lovewins in taiwan

Fantastic news. :biggrin:

I'm honestly very surprised.
No offence intended but I got the impression from BBC bulletins that Taiwanese government was abit under China's boot heel???

Emiliano Wrote:Are there any openly gay Chinese or Taiwanese activists or celebrities that are well known that are pushing for gay marriage? Do you guys see many positive representations of gay individuals or couples in the media there?

In HK, I don't know if they can be called activists but there certainly are a couple of celebrities, as well as a legislative counselor, who are openly gay and fight for gay rights. However, the conserved opinion are surprising more than I thought. Even they say they do not discriminate gay people, many young people would say mean jokes about gay guys and some of my friends are also like that, which is part of the reason why I remain in the closet till now.