Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See you in Sochi!
Does somebody here plan visiting Olympics in Russia? Well, actually got rather good news for those who do. On Monday wrote to a good friend of mine, who lives in Krasnodar (Russia) and asked him if I'm to hide carefully my orientation during visiting Games in February and here's what I got from him in response:

"Hey there! Next time try to catch me in skype, I'll tell you how to get your butt to Sochi via my city and me))) Did your "we" mean you and Mark? Well, I see you're just another brainwashed zombie. You think in Russia it is illegally to be a gay? Dude... be sure here, in Russia, we still have no laws banning neither being a gay nor saying that you're one of a like. Let me guess, you're talking about that notorious "gay propaganda" law, being adopted in this country last summer, right? Well, you're not the first... Listen, the only thing the law bans is propaganda of non-traditional forms of sex among KIDS!! It is as well as here, in Russia, laws do not allow to sell alcohol and cigarettes to children. Hope you got nothing of alike in plans, so... keep calm and do Sochi))))".

My friends, the sector is clear - nothing stands between gay people and Olympics in Russia. See you in Sochi!

I think EVERYBODY going to Russia for the Olympics needs to dress in pink, glitter, and purple wigs every day that they are in Russia.

MisterTinkles Wrote:I think EVERYBODY going to Russia for the Olympics needs to dress in pink, glitter, and purple wigs every day that they are in Russia.

I'll wear this tam over my Dreads
[Image: il_340x270.344305951.jpg]

and bring the glitter... after all, the stuff just falls off me anyways;
[Image: 11.jpg]

Unfortunately, Sylphy, this may be considered as propaganda. A person was arrested the other day for waving a rainbow flag... goes to show that they know what the symbols are even if there's no actual voice or written message "propaganding".

I don't think it's all that safe, but maybe I'm being too cautious. The Russian government is still trying to make being gay look unnatural, and diseased. The medical and psychological professions and the rest of the world have moved on, but Russia's taking a step or two back into the dark closeted past. And there is ample evidence that people who are gay are being targeted, or bullied, when they are not attacked or tortured.

If we don't accept this kind of treatment, and trampling of human rights in our democracies, there's no reason to think it's acceptable in Russia either, especially during an event like the Olympic Games that champions the rights of all to be treated fairly and equally. Think again, Russia!

You may like to add your voice to this petition from All OUT! https://www.allout.org/en/actions/olympic-sponsors

Sylph Wrote:and bring the glitter... after all, the stuff just falls off me anyways;

No hunneeee, thats not glitter.......its LICE!!!!

I remember this ad from the 70s, modified now.

I'm really torn about the Olympics. I watch them each time they're aired, and it's not the fault of the athletes that the IOC picked Sochi for the location of the games.

However, I don't want to support them either.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!