Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seek McCartney
[Image: tumblr_nu73fiyamz1qczu1jo1_1280.jpg]

You might have already heard of this, but China's censors just cleared the first film that centers on a gay love story to be shown in theaters there. I've been reading about it, apparently it will be told in flash backs after one of the characters has already died.

Im interested just because I think it is a big step for China, and I see that part of it takes place in Nepal, which is a county I'm obsessed with. But the other part of me is sort of tired of movies about gay people that center around tragedy and loss... But, I dont want to be critical of anything before I've seen it.

I think both of the main actors are handsome, and I'm excited to see a trailer / release date and to learn a little more about about the movie.

Any thoughts?

In the theater yes..
but there are tons of gay Chinese and Japanese films .. i've seen quite a few on YouTube... They pop up for a month or so then they disappear.

True, that's a good distinction to make. What makes it special is that it's approved for cinema release.

I've seen some good Chinese movies too. Happy Together was the first gay movie I saw. That made an impact on me when I saw it haha.