Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Esteem for the Mature Gay Male
Found this article via LinkedIn.

Based on some of the conversations on going it is rather timely. it may apply to the OLDER gay male, but in reality this advice can be useful for anyone.

I pride myself in an arrogant level of self-esteem, but still find these articles helpful and a refresher to where I have been. Hopefully during the course of the series, the author will point out that self-esteem does not come from a god or a bottle or a drug or 'your 37th one true love / soul mate / current person of worship'.

It comes from within. And it makes life enjoyable and not boring or dull.

http://www.gaylifeafter40.com/introducti...-part-1-5/

Looks like an interesting read. Thank you for posting.

This is an example of why I like you older guys more than the ones my age sometimes.

I bet if you did a pop quiz on the definition and application of self esteem to fifty guys under 25 you'd get 48 wrong answers.

11th grade lit class I found a great short story about self esteem but the phrase was never used. Instead the author wrote words that inspired me to write an essay about the story that a few days later the teacher spent a whole class lecturing on to the rest of the class. That was hard to forget and knocked my self esteem up a few notches....

I read these words and they sunk in to the core of my soul. In fact in my dummass days as a marine I thought of getting paraphrased version of the words tattooed across my chest. Whew! That was a close call. Tattoos don't enhance self esteem too often.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
"He knew his value
and he wasn't going to allow himself to be put upon."
[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

So when I talk about self esteem I call it self worth or self value just to help people.